Outdoor Summer 2018 .... Mulegal

They also sell repeaters/amplifiers that might help. I’m not an IT guy, really, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to take care of…worst case, home depot sells cat-5 cable in bulk lol

@

Wouldn’t that be sweet @Mrcrabs

4 Likes

Oooh, maybe try changing channels on your router. Or if it’s set to “auto” set it to a specific channel. You can get an app for your phone that gives you a visual representation of your signal strength, too. You could measure your fiddling as you go.

1 Like

AMEN! I don’t carry a cell phone, I don’t have GPS, I just learned what an app was yesterday, can’t understand stuff you have to put together and god forbid I still can’t cut and paste. How in the hell does a fax go through a phone? What is a BFF, a twitter? I am so backwards and was definitely meant for a slower paced life. I mean rather than driving at 100 mph because you are running late, just get up an hour earlier. Impatience is not a virtue! And Mules pulled the Borax wagon trains ‘20 mule team’ Smart as whips and nuttin’ gets by them, calm and steadfast! And if you put a spoon of peanut butter on the roof of their mouths it is hilarious. @mulegal

2 Likes

Nothing like good friends, good conversation , good lemonade and hella good smoke.

1 Like

And to think, I hand dug a trench for power out to this little building. Too bad I didn’t know the future at that time

1 Like

I’ll maybe check that on a more clear headed day hahahaha

3 Likes

So the conduit is already there…

yes it is…a tight fit though, and two elbows hahahaha might be easier to dig another trench

Sounds about perfect @Mrcrabs

1 Like

Use one of your existing wires to pull another like it and some cable through.

My girls all like the peanut butter…I’m sure that upper lip be reaching high hahahaha

Actually I’ve been using GPS with the mules, in the mtns as recently as 4,3,&2 years ago. I never did get to the mtns last year :frowning_face:

A friend and I had been clearing sections of the PCT, and we were asked to keep some description and area of the work completed. I figured that I could use the tablet’s GPS and a map app I downloaded. We were then able to pinpoint the tree/rock on Topo map, Take before and after pics of the work loc. Did it all on the tablet and then able to email a detailed reporting of our work.

I loved it and thought it great fun… The spread from 21st century Apple Tablet, to the reality of it being packed in on a mule, along with crosscut saws and wedges and gear, miles into the Wilderness Backcountry, to help document our trail work done each day. It was a real trip.

Here I am at with tablet, tagging the map exactly where this tree fell:

Good, good times

But I’ve not actually used a GPS outside of Wilderness Boundaries. hahaha

5 Likes

Love your chaps, wish I could condition and oil them. They would be soft and supple but look brand new! @mulegal Trace has one in her car and one day it took us on a wild goose chase we laughed so hard. When my X and I lived in the commune we were really stoned and put peanut butter on the roof of both of our donkeys, Cheoke (chay oak) and Sage, dogs Jingles and Gyp and Sam, and I forgot who else. That provided us with a lot of laughs.

Here is a pic for you from Silly. She wanted you to see her purple leaves!

I know they are the same but one is better than the other.

Hey there @highcountrygal good to talk with you.

Yeah those chaps have been with me a long while. Still very thick and soft but pretty dry and neglected I’m afraid. Wash off with damp sponge and then something like Skidmore?

Sounds fun with everyone having PB mouth and lovin it hahaha

STS is really purple stemmed! fun.

1 Like

And wait a minute the underside leaves are purple too!

Ain’t she all decked out though?

@elheffe702, yes I really at very least should’ve left a pull cord in the conduit. Was saving $$ by using the smallest conduit workable…Thinking only of First Cost

1 Like

@mulegal Use leather CPR, but before that, wash dirt off with sponge and water let dry, get some neets foot oil NOT synthetic and get a small paint brush and paint the oil on esp areas that are super dry, I like to put the item in the sun so it will warm and soak in. Now use leather Cpr and they will be supple, clean and the oil and cpr do not rub off on clothes. I think Skidmore is what you put on your butt so you don’t slip and slide.

It’s just the undersides, the top sides are the bright green. She is so root bound I have her sitting in a pan of water so she stay moist, 5 1/2 months in a 3 gal bucket. She’s starting to frost up.

@mulegal I always think of the second cost, and spend a boat load up front! Sometimes I still regret it!

1 Like

hahahahaha Can’t win for loosin sometimes @Covertgrower

1 Like

@highcountrygal Yes I’ll clean them good. Old sap, and grit and trail dust and rock bruises. I’ll clean them up before treating.

Don’t know CPR…??

1 Like