Outdoor Summer 2018 .... Mulegal

Definitely @TxGrowman, It’s the only tomatoes worth eating

2 Likes

Good morning! @mulegal Ah the count down 10 more days, that ‘what am I forgetting’ panic is just nipping at ya about now, not full blown yet but your just starting to feel like time is starting to run out…anticipation, what a high it can be!

My friend Trace (tracy) is coming over today, after she goes and sees Cooper, her horse, for a wing fest and Planet Blue II catch ups. She doesn’t get high but doesn’t care if I do. My brother got me an Alexa for being a good girl and not buying too much Amazon stuff! So me being the untechnical genius that I am will have her set it up! I won’t have to forget what I need to put on my shopping list. I can’t remember from the kitchen 10 steps away from my computer what I just thought of. A mind is a terrible thing to loose.

We got wet spots on the ground last night, they say it’s called rain…it was so cold yesterday I thought perhaps some snow? Need to get movin’ I’ll be around

@highcountrygal it might be just me, but I won’t have an Alexa in the house because the government can/could listen in. Not that they want to listen to screaming kids, but the principal of it all.
I could just be paranoid though.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower Both paranoia and they probably do listen in, but all they would hear here is me thinking I can sing, or when I talk to myself and my alter ego out loud. Now if my TV starts talking to me I might just have cause for wonder…

1 Like

Well good late morning @highcountrygal. Just got home 11am after 5 hours at 70MPH on I5. Had to drop Steph at the airport. Good golly I hate that road. I’m used to dawdling around here at 40 mph along the back roads, no traffic, no pressure. I’m exhausted.

Anyhow I have an Alexa and it’s my radio. I take it out on the deck and listen to NPR and ask her for music. She’ll play most anything I ask of her and it’s free.

Not sure about that listening in deal with Alexa. I have to push a button to talk to it. She hears nothing without that button pushed. And if anyone monitored it, they would hear mostly silence around here. Me mumbling to the dogs maybe.

How would it help a shopping list HCG? Ya, I make about 10 extra trips from house to barn every day because I can’t remember what I went out there for once I get there. My mind is not quite lost, just misplaced.

Hi to your friend Trace and maybe we’ll catch up later.

Anyhow into me shorts and out to the yard to get grounded again

2 Likes

@mulegal Trace was the one I asked about Mule Daze, but she is babysitting the ranch. I will tell her hello for you. I am going to share with her about our ‘craziness’ and show her the mulies. I asked my brother if going to Mule Daze would be a good day trip and he looked at me and laughed 10 hrs. Okay a 2 day trip then lol

Most of my jarred stuff is dry but I want to wait just a few more days to cure. I tried The Ex 2 this morning sat me back down for sure. Okay Trace is here, later gator!

1 Like

Ya Bishop is a long haul from anywhere. I think it takes me about 12 without the trailer. I cross the Sierras actually north of me (if I have my druthers) So mostly for me it’s 395. That road is gorgeous from top to bottom, good steady speeds, low traffic and scenery unlimited. Ranches, mountains, then as you drop lower in the state it follows a river that is mind blowing. I always need to stop and get pics and hear the water. Finally it pours you out into the high desert. …exit Bishop. Drawback for some is that it’s on the east of the Sierras…I figure I gotta cross them either way as Bishop and I are on opposite sides of the range. Wow, that was a ramble.

Absolutely take care of that amazing harvest. We’ll be in the same place sometime…

I bet the EX2 is wild as she looked…hahaha Have fun

3 Likes

@mulegal Trace says high back! What a feast, she found this little place that had the best wings! She just left and I am stuffed! So I will bid you adieu until tomorrow! Sweet dreams!

@mulegal Got my Alexa set up. I don’t know what I was thinking but I thought I saw an ad showing someone telling what I thought it was Alexa "add whatever to the list’ or something like that, no wonder my brother gave me a funny look! Do you have that music from Amazon that costs 7.99 a month? I have Prime music the free version.

Ha I never sent this last night, so I’ll finish it now! Sun is sorta out and hope it stays. I haven’t been out yet this morning it’s going to be warm it’s already 60. It’s been 2 days since I trimmed Silly so I’ll start with that then where ever I end up!

Enjoy this beautiful day and I will yak at ya when I do.

2 Likes

Morning @highcountrygal. Glad you got your Alexa hooked up. I have the Tap version where I have to press the button to talk, and I have Amazon Prime with free music. I have been pretty surprised with how much good old music is available. Some things are only avail on the extra pay, but so far I am very happy with the prime selections. I also like Pandora on my tablet. Pandora has a broader selection of music but the free version does have adds. I used to love it in my shop (lambing shed) but I can’t get a good wi fi signal out there any longer. Not sure why. Maybe a new router would help.

Anyhooo BT sunday, so off I go too.

2 Likes

Everyone inspected, encouraged and BT’d. Going to be nice and sunny though breezy today.

This morning I WILL move hay…no more putting it off hahahaha

Hollyhocks blooming. Beginning to look like summer:

Here are the two autos:

And a little bit of camouflage corn:

OK, procrastinated enough…off to move hay…

6 Likes

@mulegal Looks like it grew a foot, the corn and of course the ladies are lookin happy!

I cannot get Alexa to use the free prime, so I am trying the Unlimited trial for 30 days, then they have a plan for 3.99 a month for the Alexa Echo. I am cracking up what a trip! Jeeze I was born before people had TV’s only these big huge radios where we listened at dinner to George Burns and Gracie Allen and now look at this, a tube you talk to and can play any music you can throw at it and it talks back, well I never…

So I tell her to play Hurricane Smith and there it is, I’ve been listening to the songs he has and they are so Beattlish and fun songs almost vaudeville like, then there is this blurb from his son who recorded his dad, Hurricane talking about when he spent time with the Beattles, very interesting!

It’s cool and cloudy and really never did warm up. Still full from last night and have left overs. I am going to go BT in the cold then come in for a little The Chunky 2 and dinner

3 Likes

Mrs. ElHeffe702 and I were just taking about this. I’m a bit younger, and she’s younger than me, but it’s amazing how far technology has come in such a short time. It makes me wonder what it will be like in another 10, 20, 30 years. We’ll be cultivating cannabis on Mars.

3 Likes

@elheffe702 and Mrs.E. It is unreal, we actually had an ice box but I can barely remember it and in the kitchen there was a little window that ‘Jack’ our milkman would pick up old bottles and leave new ones full of milk. I can still can smell the smell of my lunch box with that thermos of milk. But what I wouldn’t give to go back in time. This time era is so plasticine, phony and hedonistic. Mother Nature is going crazy, she’s not just pissed, she’s beside herself!

3 Likes

Yes @highcountrygal and @elheffe702 Technology changes life so quickly these days. I can not even begin to imagine what might be next. I do appreciate the internet and laptops and tablets…and Alexa. It all seems so science fiction-y to me. This is the stuff of that comic strip character who had a wrist radio…he was a detective or something…CRS

I am an odd dicotomy of old and new. I choose to farm with equipment almost as old as I am, and keep the art and history of mule packing alive. Every single thing that wasn’t shipped all the way around South America and back up to the CA coast was packed over the Sierra’s on Mule trains. Mule trails were the first passageways for mail and necessaries. They laid the foundation for all the roadways up and over.

I could’ve been happy 100 years earlier …I think

5 Likes

Dick Tracy?

Yeah, the conversation started between my wife and I while I was streaming a YouTube video from my phone to the tv while listening to Pandora on the home theater reciever that goes to every speaker in the house. I LOVE technology.

1 Like

I think your mules are awesome, yes and love the old school ways also, but also love this new tech, just had an old friend stop bye old fashion style. He just drove up and knocked on our door, my old lady said we ain’t expecting anyone, no one called or texted. We are all so used to getting that notification before hand. Gots to love it though, I have my old school friend and my ilgm friends, maybe one day if this is all legal we can be knocking at each other’s doors one day.

2 Likes

Yup you got it. Dick Tracy, he’s the one.

I love this digital technology too. I have no speakers in my house so I carry laptop or Alexa around to provide music.

@elheffe702, you sound like a guy who might know…Is there a strong router or some other way to get my wifi to work out in my shop 160’ away? It used to work out there a couple years back, but no longer. I am using a 10 year old cheap bare bones router now…perhaps new technology has something that could give me larger coverage area?

1 Like

Not positive, but I’m guessing if your router is pretty old, a newer one would definitely have better range.

Cool. Guess that might be a future purchase. Thanks @elheffe702

1 Like