Outdoor Summer 2018 .... Mulegal

Ahhhhh you keep me in music each day now…except I’ll leave LZ off my list. Just not my thing HCG

1 Like

In Utah I had grasshoppers so thick one year. I would catch them and throw them hard on the ground to stun them and my dog at the time would snatch them up and crunch them down like peanuts…crunch, crunch

And this same dog would sniff at the tomato plants and find those giant green tomato worms. He would gently grab them with his teeth and pry them off the plants. He liked to garden and was a super good dog.

2 Likes

@mulegal okay I’ll keep LZ but you can keep James Taylor. There are really only a few LZ songs I like, too ‘rocky’ for me. Now how about Donovan, the big JJ and the Holding Co…

Now Blind Faith is playing ‘Can’t find my way home’ That song was oh so true many times!

@mulegal I stumped ya! Knights in White Satin Moody Blues! The story about this poem is the lead singer (I don’t remember his name) of MB wrote it in a few minutes because they needed something to fill in a ‘space’ in their song, he said it just came to him.

@highcountrygal have fun “testing” with your friend. Makes it all the funner.

Hahahaha wouldn’t it be funny if they started making plastic pot plants??? hahahahaha what a laugh. Second of the day from you my friend…hahahaha

White Rabbit is Gooooood, Donovan good, JJ&HC is GREAT

Today…final packing and food into camper. Get propane tank filled, Donkey pen manure, and list for my feeder girl. Busy day ahead but happy chores one and all.

1 Like

@mulegal and I swewar the music now playing on Alexa is The Moody Blues.

@mulegal I would be wound up so tightly about now, getting that close to going. It provided me with so much energy! At this point I would be getting my trailer hitched to bring to my house to clean, pack and fill the water tank and go over everything 20 times to make sure I had everything I needed. I miss that feeling!

@mulegal swear is what I meant!

See, you put the “music” to the words and yes, of course I know that.

Maybe some Moody Blues today :smile:

1 Like

Hahahaha

Yah I am like a compressed spring. Camper is parked at the shop gate, a quick few steps away. The cleaning is done, most of clothes and stuff on broard. WATER…yes I will fill the water today and propane. Fill the truck…diesel here is almost $4/gallon Ugga.

I have so many lists going and so much scribbling on them , can hardly make sense of them. How I love a road trip.

1 Like

Okie, out I go tra la, tra la…White Rabbit swirling in my mind :smile:

Good morning progress today…lot’s of things checked off list.

Fertilized the Fab Four. They are looking great. Didn’t see any grasshoppers this morning. Maybe they moved on. I’ll do my weekly photo document on Sunday this week since Tuesday…I’ll be in Bishop!!!

I’m taking my tablet and hopefully find some free WiFi somewhere down there so I can check in and hear what everyone is doing from time to time.

Think it’s time for WillaJ to keep me company through the afternoon :grin:

2 Likes

@highcountrygal…so you introducing your friend to all the offerings of last 2 winters??? Have a great time.

1 Like

@mulegal HaHaHa! He took one hit of the Chunk II and said that’s enough! And he is a chronic smoker. YYEESS! He took pics of the Bee Balm Silly plastic putty girl. He is our age and he went to Woodstock, and has a few pics left! I know I am wasted right now my brain is fizzley and I am fried on Fryday. My friend just called to say he made it! Peter, Paul and Mary, The 5th Dimension and Sergio Mendez and Brazil 66 Talk about the way back machine!

1 Like

Hahahahahaha perfect @highcountrygal. This homegrown is outa this world. That’s me these days… A One Hit Wonder . And Steph has taken to calling me also after driving home.

Boy howdy that is the way back machine. Fun stuff. Smiling for you.

Good day here. Didn’t get much done on my list this afternoon but went with a friend to pick up some bummer lambs. What little dears. I never should have carried them home on my lap. I was starting to name the little mottled face whether :open_mouth: Not a good idea for a meat animal.

1 Like

I just missed Woodstock. A friend and I spent that summer in Europe. We were supposed to be there working, but we were hitchhiking around Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Watched the moon walk on a restaurant television in Switzerland. Found out about Woodstock on the flight home…Definitely bummed to have missed it, Definately, as we lived just a few hours from there. I’m still sorry I missed it…hahahaha

1 Like

I am still so stoned going on 5 hrs! @mulegal Incredible!

1 Like

Chunk ll strikes again @highcountrygal. hahaha That’s some powerful medicine you grow :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Whoa mama! @mulegal I was just sitting here going to tell you that I am still stoned I can barely stay awake so I just made some coffee! I cannot wait until it’s cured! Boveda pack to Willa’s remains before you go!

This is a way, way back I am listening to the Beach Boys, my friends told me that I had the biggest crush on Dennis Wilson, Hummm don’t remember! This is the music that was popular from 7th - 12th grade and it brings back so many memories, the beach, lying in the hot sun, the smell of suntan lotion, being so tan and healthy.

So when do you leave? I love things like that! Nothing but Mule talk (horse for me) and people who are as equine crazy as you are!

Oh coffee sounds great. I think I’ll make some too. So when this Chunk ll is cured , it will be even stronger? Yikes. Boveda in Willa’s jars now. I can’t believe how long it’s lasting. she’s a strong one.

Beach boys…fun but not very influencial for me… The surf scene was non existant in CT hahaha

Leaving Monday morning. I like to be there during the week. The real mule diehards come during the week. During the weekend, there are many people who don’t even know they are watching mules hahahahaha…raceing and cutting, and hunter jumper and gymkahna events, pulling events, driving , packing, coon jumping, obstacle courses, dressage…and one of the most amazing thing is that many of these mules compete in many of these events back to back to back…they are so versatile It’s a good time for all. Clinics and training and teaching. And just being with folks who know them and love them like I do.

1 Like