Outdoor Summer 2018 .... Mulegal

And I got 6 fertile eggs under the broody hen last night. Well, I got 6 but dropped one so now there are 5 under her. Two are Bantams. that should be fun. Haven’t had Bantams in many years. Wooohooo

2 Likes

I miss my chickens! I seriously have been thinking of getting one of those little hen houses they have now and getting 2 hennies.

1 Like

Enjoy those EX’s. They were fantastic looking plants. Be busy and happy.

Talk with you later…Seals and Crofts on right now…Thanks. I had about forgotten them

1 Like

They really have some good stuff I listened for a long time. Now sure who today. Hum! I am thinking… Be back going out!

I think that is a great idea. Tractor Supply has some nice small easy to set up henhouses that would be perfect for two hens. They’d keep you company and stay companionably busy with you all day…Plus feed you. Still chicks in all the feed stores up here…Oh I am excited for you. Nothing better than a few homestead hens

1 Like

Grasshoppers are scarce in these parts, we get leaf hoppers that can destroy a crop like the black plague!

Yard Guard is the one tried and true kills-all, land, water, and sky (insects, fish, and foul).

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fd1sca6vi4fbl8x.cloudfront.net%2Fmedia%2Fproduct%2Fimage%2Fcf0d3bf371947ddd3897c061ff402066.png.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg&f=1

1 Like

Thanks @Shatter I’ll keep it on the back burner. If they seem to be getting worse I can always bring out the big guns

1 Like

Diatomaceous Earth :earth_asia: is a good deterrent for anything bugs. Otherwise you can use isopropyl alcohol and kill them right now. Neem oil is a good maintenance preventative as well, and can be used during flowering.

2 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower. DE it is then. I have a huge sack of it.

2 Likes

@mulegal Okay I am going to see if I can remember all of the words

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from the gray room

Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another days useless energy spent

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
A new mother picks up and suckles her son

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
And we decide which is right
Or which is an illusion?

I don’t believe I remembered this. It took me forever to learn. Know it?

1 Like

Question how is DE going to prevent grasshoppers, doesn’t it go on the ground?

@mulegal Todays eclectic music was Led Zeppelin, Donovan and Magic Mystery Tour. Just thought you should know this!

1 Like

I just heard Lenard Cohen singing Suzanne I used to love that song. That’s an obscure song!

It’s not really a preventative, as much as a killing agent. Maybe a physical barrier like a fine net might prevent those… @highcountrygal

@Covertgrower I just couldn’t imagine powdering the plants. My dogs like to chase them and I like to sic them on the pesties

1 Like

As long as it’s food grade, it won’t hurt the dogs. People eat this stuff too, to get rid of parasites. @highcountrygal

1 Like

@Covertgrower I don’t sic my dogs on DE they actually like the grasshoppers better:):slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good Morning @highcountrygal.

I think you’ve stumped me on this one. course with music added I probably know it, but nope I’m stumped. Do tell

1 Like

I think you can puff it onto the plant with a “puffer”…can’t remember the name at the moment

Good morning! @mulegal Another day of May gray! Not much goin’ on. A friend is coming over today to ‘test’ my new stuff so that should be fun. I want to know what someone else thinks.

Silly is still Willy Nilly! Actually she is a plastic plant that I use for photo opps! Seriously, I am wanting her done, I am still taking care of ten.

What’s up for your day? Ooh White Rabbit is playing now! There will be no Hookah smoking caterpillars on my buds! Because the Door mouse said feed your head and beware the Queen in red!