Outdoor season grow

Are y’all related? Ya got the same last name 420. :joy::+1:t2:

Yo is this a lady bug? Sure is munching on my leaves

Looks like one to me! They don’t eat the plants though, they just eat the bugs. Maybe you have a hybrid? :v:

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a Japanese ladybug from looking around online. Unlike regular lady bugs they hibernate through winter. Introduced here to eat aphids maybe she wasn’t the one eating my leaves

1 Like

There are some bugs that look very similar to lady bugs that will eat your plants. I executed one of the bastards last week, he was munching on a leaf of a seedling I have going. I know, because I first thought it was a lady bug, but could see the leaf shrinking as the little jerk was munching. I put him in my light hood. Should have been a bright few last minutes

1 Like

Probably what I got as they’re munching everything.

Are they a really pale orange, like a very dark yellow? This one was

Looked it up said Japanese lady beetle. Eats aphids. I guess by accident while they eat everything on the leaf including the leaf. Annnnd they hibernate so they probably be back in spring

Ladybug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found this bug in an old gardening book I was reading. It’s the Mexican bean beetle and es muy mal. Eats leaves til it looks like lace. The weird yellow glob monster was the beetle in a early stage. Looks like a ladybug but it’s not

1 Like

That imitator deserves his own post…it fooled too many people!

1 Like