Outdoor photo bended/not broke..but fell over?

I have an outdoor photo in a 35g fab pot that is about 5ft tall and it recently fell over but didn’t break? WTF!!! It grew kind a crooked like a bonsai and started to flower 7/25 …Yeah I know I didn’t have any scaffolding or support but a buddy of mine has grown for years outdoors and I never seen him have this problem? why me…why!

2 Likes

I file that under two categories. Shit happens and It could be worse.

Set her up straight (carefully) and rave on…

5 Likes

Sometimes the soil we use can let a plant fall over without breaking. Because its so loose and the plant becomes top heavy it just rotates the entire root ball. Cannabis is pretty resilient so get her as upright as you can and stake it.

1 Like

@oldmarine LOL yeah shit happens but why me…I have some umbrella poles from the pool that I have set up for support with some nylon rope…I hope that’s good! Yup! overcome and adapt I get it! It just pisses me off that I had better known better that I should have made a support scaffolding when my babies were young!! Next season I guess!! I got so pissed that I said Fugg it! I’m staying with autos…even though I had a bad bad time this year with Caterpillars!!

1 Like

@SpinyNorman …No yeah Thats just it! The soil and pot are fine 100% The plant just keeled over about 3/4 of the way up and laid down…No soil or pot problem…The bitch is heavy already @ about two weeks into flower! Like I said above I know I shpould have supported it earlier but I have a buddy that grows outdoor but the difference maybe is that he grows in 35g garbage cans and mine is in a 35g fab pot? I dunno its just depressing!! I hope mu Romulan baby survives…Romy is some spacey chit!!!

2 Likes

Silica added to the water will enlarge and harden the stems.
I have started feeding with jacks and the stems on my plants are twice as thick as other nutrients I used in the past.

1 Like

You all…WE all know how much time money and effort we put into our babies and when one or more go belly up Its a pisser!! I mean yeah your right @oldmarine …I get ya! I already have more smoke then I can smoke from last years Blueberry crop… Its not about the smoke for me, Its all about the journey more then the destination…Thanks guys!

3 Likes

@Spiney_norman Hmm that’s something to look into…this stem though is a thick azz one…but I will look into “silica”…Ive heard lots of good on Cpt.Jacks currenty using FF nutes…Thanks man!

1 Like

Maybe you just needed a bigger pot :thinking:

2 Likes

Mine fell over the other day …
I picked it up …and it was all bent …today it’s just like it never happened
It’ll be fine

1 Like

Okay yeah maybe but what I meant to say is that the branches are breaking off at the attachment point to the main stem not in the middle or end but exactly where it originally came out of ( the node maybe?)

Could you post a picture?

@sunasun I`ll try Im such a lazy when it comes to posting pics . I really need to and have some pretty cool pics too (@least I think so)…Im so much of a lagger that I still have last years pics that were supposed to be in a grow journal…haha! Also this was a month ago and the stem is long gone…but I guess I could show were it happened.

1 Like