Outdoor in ground already flipped

I transplanted my photo plushberries into the ground 6/14 in chicagoland.
Did some pruning 7/31 and gave a dose of magnesium bwo epsom.
By 8/12 started seeing a large number of pistols.
By 8/17 pistols obvious and stems are bushing up.
My question is, why has she flipped (not complaining frost come early here) we were getting around 9 hours of darkness 8/12.
She gets a solid 13 hours direct sunlight now.
Could be our nice cool evenings w/a temp swing of 30 degrees?
Thanks in advance for any input.
I’ve been gardening for 30 years and have a multitude of hobbies but this is my first grow.

2 Likes

In two states over east, and I have outdoor plants that have started to flowering as well.

2 Likes

Lots of States down in TX, and I’m flowering as well. Environmental factors, gotta love em

1 Like

So are you guys experiencing large temp swings over night?
I’m just trying to pin point the flip for future reference.
Not sure I’ll grow outdoor again. I have to keep company out of parts of my property for fear of loose lips.

1 Like

I’m two to the east of @UncleCharley and one down from @Covertgrower. I started flowering about 2 weeks ago, just ahead of some really cool nights, low 60’s - mid to upper 50’s.

1 Like

Indiana @LandShark ? lol.

No, Ohio. You had a 50/50 shot! :laughing:

1 Like

This is why I don’t gamble, I just lost had I been betting. Lmao!

1 Like

Apparently light is not the only controling factor in the bloom process, as all the literature I’ve read so far suggests.
It’s a wonderful thing this forum, that allows us to share actual experience to glean from.
Thank you for your imput.

1 Like

I’ve had plants begin flowering outdoors by the end of July with 14 hours of sun. Mother Nature.

1 Like

Yeah light isnt even a factor with some strains! Flowering has to do with strain firstly, then the trigger point that causes the hormone shift, environment will also play a factor. Warm days and cool nights will often trigger metabolic change in plants. It is believed that equatorial strains respond to light intensity, ruderalis responds to temperature, and all other strains are darkness and environment.

2 Likes