Outdoor in Canada

I had one I stunted one time and she was my biggest producer to date

Photo or auto though

She was an auto. A critical auto

1 Like

Plants responded well to lowering the light yesterday, re measured it and raised it a bit today running about 16 inches from tops (QB xl320, 3k).
Night time lows are still down to 9c and I need 12c lows for these things to be okay outside… Joys of the majority of Canada.

Have the tent in my storage room for now but it’s cramped, really considering buying another 4x2 so I can run two different strains in two different tents. I have plants to build a 10x14 shed in my yard this summer and use it for a bike shed/storage so once that’s done I’ll be able to see if I have enough space in my shed to store away enough stuff so my storage room can be a grow room. If so I’ll have to think about what I want to setup as far as intake/exhaust (lots fo thogght considering our - 40c winters)

Part of me wants to experiment with giving some of these chem grow nutes in light dosages, I know the FFOF has everything it needs but I wonder if I give the stunted one a light dose of nutes maybe 1/4 or half strength it could catch up?
Thoughts?

2 Likes

If you did I would definitely only do 1/4 and see how she handles it.

1 Like

Well I watered today so we will see what everyone else thinks I Geuss it is best to start small though

2 Likes

I always do when it is time to feed until I know how the plant will handle it

1 Like

Well growing in such rich soil I don’t really have to feed… But I Geuss I can try shrug

Fed nutes today to two of the plants, the biggest one and the smallest one. My nute feed was 600ppm but I totally blanked on PHing it haha…
Stoner, the other two got ph’d water at 6.5ph 177tds.
Temps holding at 26c RH is about 30,but no room for humidifier in the tent with the 4 plants so

Let’s see what happens.

My largest plant is showing something… My nute feed I gave it included cal and mag, I don’t know why it’s acting Wierd when they all are in the same environment /soil/water.

1 Like

Ughhh looks like the timer is up, starting to flower… Really disappointed with the overall veg growth. Having the lighting to far away in order to finish my last harvest all in the same tent really put a dent in veg growth and I’m sure some of the night low’s at the start didn’t help.

It has yet to get nice enough at night to be able to put them outside, still waiting for a nice hot sunny day to put them outside even if it’s just for the day time as I would light to strengthen them up a bit.

I think my #1 challenge of being a grower has been starting the plant at the right time haha.
#2 is learning to identify what the plants telling you with the way it’s leaves read

1 Like

Raised the light a bit today, no sign of nute burn so I’m happy (I fed two of them, the small bushy one and the big one on the far right) I may feed the other two next water day.
Weather is still 9c at night and need it to be 12c so they arnt quite ready to go outside yet, been a bit rainy but when it is nice in the afternoon I try to put them outside for as long as possible.
They are already flowering yet they seem half the size they should be, oh well.

1 Like

9c at night, damn. It’s 31c at night here. Longitude makes a difference, lol

2 Likes

Yeah… It was 32c here during the day like 2 weeks ago but now we’re in the 15-18 range with clouds and rain on and off…

Short ones just over 1ft tall, largest ones just over 2ft tall. Raining with spots of sun for the next week…
Looks like the plants thst didn’t get nutes are bigger, hmm

Well they are out door for the day, tomorrow is raining cloudy and to cool but the next day they will be out again.

That one really did get stunted by the cool weather intake, that or the genetics are weak on it. Half the size of the others

1 Like

Picture is from yesterday, had them outside for almost 10 hours in direct sunlight!

Okay so I’ll be honest I have been slacking and I haven’t been reading run off… Well this is why you read run off.
My PH is all about 5.5 5.6 so that’s no good =(
Lesson learned, even though last grow I barley adjusted it and run off was great these guys have taught me another valuable lesson

3 Likes

What a terrible summer… It’s wet half the time and not really truly sunny or warm enough to give the plants the energy they need.
So the majority of this grow has been stuck inside the tent, a 4x2 tent that is half the size of what these plants need sadly =(

The other day I bent the tall one back and I watered some higher PH water the last two times in a row I’m hoping that next watering things will be back on track. TDS is still way up there so no need to worry, all the plants are looking healthy but I’m greedy and want them to be monsters like I know they could be if we had a decent summer or if I had double the light/tent/filter/fans I have lol

Anyways here is some update pictures for now of 4 autos squished in this tent, I’m really looking forward to trying these strains.

1 Like

They look really good even tho its crowded in there…gotta do what u gotta do lol

1 Like

@PurpNGold74

1 Like

All caught up. Yea tuning that light to the right height is tricky. Do you have the turn down wattage dial? The height/strength is tough to get dialed in with diff strains at diff heights. Trust me i know

1 Like