Outdoor Harvested Buds Were Not Dense, Airy Flower Harvest

I think it’s more complicated than this. There is no doubt that with long growing season most of us have the plants get big. But indoor growing and outdoor growing are 2 entirely different scenarios. I just wouldn’t expect your outdoor harvests to look as good or better than what is grown indoor by professional growers.

2 Likes

I make my own in a few drums each year.

I second that, and the big x factor being genetics. It takes outdoor genetics that have been grown in an area over generations to produce top quality bud with pounds for yield not ounces.

Most strains are hybrid that have been crossed with Indicas for weight, taste etc and Indicas are region specific weed. Afghan for example is crossed Into many strains yet grown outside it’s native land in humid climates, it doesn’t fair well.

Skunk #1 is often plagued by powdery mildew and it’s another that is crossed into many strains.

In short grow you a crop outdoor for a decade until it’s genetically acclimated to your climate and the weak attributes are bred out then and only then will you grow crops outdoor that you have no issues, especially rot and mildew.

Just my two cents or you could simply ask an old grower in your area for a few seeds! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, now that I’ve decided indoor is a better option, I won’t be doing outdoors anymore.

They look pretty nice to me. I struggle with the same issue of buds not getting super dense. That said, the PNW does pose problems with bud rot targeting the largest, densest and most desirable spots of the plant. Mixed blessings. I experience PH issues and some nutrient deficiencies and think this might be a part or all of the problem. Not unhappy with the quality, just wish that they were a little more like the trophy buds we see images of. Indoors is not really an option for me. I have done Kosher Kush, California Kush, Afgoo, Do-si-dos, GG4, Aurora and Grand Hindu. They all have been fairly airy. If somebody has the silver bullet that might solve some of these issues, would love to hear from them. Attached an image of Do-Si-Dos.

2 Likes