Outdoor guerilla grow in the Alaskan Bush: the 3 Stooges

Overnight, the temps inside (even in my cozy room) drop to 60F. Absolutely nothing can be done about that. Hoping a colder start will toughen them up for the Alaskan wild?

3 Likes

My first round of plants would be around 60 - 65 every night. They seemed to love it. I would set the timer for that way all the time if I could control the humidity. It is pretty high here at night.

2 Likes

At home, during flower, the temps dropped down to 65F overnight. They definitely didn’t mind. :grinning:

Hopefully my seeds will germinate ok with all the temp changes. Once they pop, I’ll feel better.

2 Likes

They’re starting to pop! Both kush & 1 diesel have cracked & are slowly pushing themselves up. I honestly can’t see the other seed & I don’t want to poke around, too much.

8 Likes

Here are the 3 that are popping through.

9 Likes

Great pics

2 Likes

I can’t wait til they’re stretching out their little cotyledons!

4 Likes

Added another tsp of plain h2o to the pods. Nothing too exciting happening, now, but I think tomorrow I’ll be able to post a pic of one of the girls waving her arms in the air.

4 Likes

Hello, world!

11 Likes

@raustin It’s on!

2 Likes

Yay! New babies!

2 Likes

They’ve emerged!

2 Likes

Awsome looking forward to this

2 Likes

Looks like you are half way there. What kind of out door temps will these have to deal with.

1 Like

Low…probably in the range of 65-70F high & 40F low. The auto diesel is supposed to be very cold tolerant, while the auto kush is fast & all-around hardy.

If I can successfully grow these outdoors, in this environment, I’m gonna poop my pants. You heard it here, first, folks.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see. I know there were more than a few times the temps in here were in the high 30s and mine survived. It wasn’t every night like yours will have to deal with. Should be an interesting grow to watch.

1 Like

I plan on starting the hardening-off process as soon as they have a couple sets of leaves. It’s going to be a rough life for them.

Will they have to deal with any wind chill issues? I am sitting here thinking of your plants knee high in snow going what the? lol As you can probably tell. I have never been to Alaska.

1 Like

Lol! In summer, at least by this time, absolutely no snow in the forecast. As for wind chill…I don’t think it will get so bad as to freeze them, or anything. It is Alaska, though, so anything’s possible. :grinning:

I think my main problem this grow will be temps. The odds of the weather killing this experiment are very good. Or bears could kill them, well, me. Oh, well, anything for some bud!

My boss does have a garden going. Lettuce, herbs, squash, cabbages, spinach, kale, and chards. They all do ok. I know cannabis is kind of a prima donna, compared to those garden work horses, but I have hope.

2 Likes

Cool, if I ask dumb questions about your area. it is because it is always sunny here :grin:

1 Like