Outdoor guerilla grow in the Alaskan Bush: the 3 Stooges

I was considering doing things backwards…mounting the lights right up against the ceiling, and then moving the height of the plant. It just seems better than having things swinging. Again, depends on the space. I might end up with a tent lol

I’m sorry Velma…err, @blackthumbbetty I’ll stop jibber jabbering up your journal. I’m just anxious to see the finished product.

1 Like

Probably depends on a lot of variables. We can incorporate dimmers in very easy, usually cuts down on the need to move quite so often. Otherwise it would seem a lot easier to just mount some eyebolts into frame and use the adjustable hanging cords.

That video is perfect. Told me exactly what I needed to know. I’ll work on it again in a couple hours.

It is very easy to do, especially with a video to follow.

Plus, @dbrn32’s write-up is exactly what I needed, too!

3 Likes

Dammit, I really just want to finish putting together my light, but instead I have to sit here, vibrating with excitement, and act like I care about anything besides finishing my light!

I mean, it’ll take like 5 minutes to finish!

4 Likes

Ha! Been there, done that! Except for maybe the vibrating part lmao!

2 Likes

I just couldn’t sit here knowing what to do w/o doing what needs done, so:

I MOTHERF@#KING DID IT! TAKE THAT, QB!

@elheffe702 @dbrn32

12 Likes

You’re not supposed to work on it with the driver plugged in :wink:

1 Like

Hell yes, there it is! Ok, so that’s three of which board? And which driver? And what’s the investment?

2 Likes

Nice job!

I forgot one time and it was an issue, have you tested the dimmer?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I didn’t! I’ll check it tomorrow. I was so excited, and blinded, that I did a happy dance & then put everything away so I could go be a nice wifey-poo.

Boy, is it bright! I’ll hang it in the morning.

@elheffe702 They’re the 288 v2 boards with the MeanWell HLG-320H LED Driver. Cost $459.

3 Likes

And that’ll light what size space in flower?

1 Like

2.5x5. It was made for my tent!

1 Like

They claim 2 for 5x5. I haven’t ran ppf, but seems legit.

That’s almost exactly what I’ll be shooting for, I think. I’d like to run two spaces, each about 2 x 4, or a little more than double what I have now, just enough for two in each space, staggered a few weeks. I’ll probably keep the LED bulbs I have for the nursery, then build a fixture for a veg space, and do both of those on a rack, a la @Momtomask. Then a separate space for flowering with another, slightly stronger, but very similar fixture. Maybe 2/3 of what you built, with a smaller driver for the flower space. And then a 200 or so or whatever is available around there, for the veg space.

I nearly forgot, welcome to the diy community :wink:

3 Likes

I did it! I did it! images

Jinkies! I feel very special, now!

7 Likes

I’m genuinely giggling right now. Great work :+1:

1 Like

I felt the same anxiety when I put mine together. I was scared to death that I’d get it wrong and burn something up. A couple YouTube videos and I got it. The next one will be a snap. Good job !@blackthumbbetty :sunny: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great job @blackthumbbetty :clap:t2: I knew you would succeed!!! :hugs:

1 Like

Great job @blackthumbbetty! Congrats! I plan on joining the qb club soon too.

1 Like