Outdoor guerilla grow in the Alaskan Bush: the 3 Stooges

As far as v1 &v2 it’s the diodes making up the board. I don’t see enough difference between the two to pay extra for v2

2 Likes

I can research out the wazoo, but since I don’t have any knowledge of how lighting systems actually work, my research just yields me memorizing what light companies write on their pages. I have no clue about the terminology & all that. I never expect to be a light expert, for sure, but when people say this diode is better than that one, I’d like to have a basic understanding of what they’re referencing.

I have tried googling info, but it’s all more technical, rather than educational in nature.

1 Like

They say the v2 is 7% more efficient. I was going to go with V1,but everyone here is all about the v2. As a light ignorant person, I am kind of at you all’s mercy! Lol!

2 Likes

This summer, I’m focusing on learning everything I can about soil microbes & the soil food web. Maybe next summer, I’ll immerse myself in learning about grow lights.

1 Like

7% more light output for same amount of power used.

• I don’t think raustin has any complaints with the qb288 v1’s
2 Likes

5 Likes

@raustin you like your new light a lot, right? Improving your grow? Pros cons? Wish you had a v2?
I know your light is much smaller, but your input is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I love my QB, and I’ve seen a big difference in my grow. Plants need a lot more nutes now, especially Cal Mag, but that’s the only con. I can already see bigger, denser buds in Mona than what I used to get with the old blurple light. Honestly, there’s just no comparison, at least, so far. You’ll have to wait till I harvest Mona for the final test, but i’m pretty sure I won’t be disappointed. BTW, my light is a 135 watt, 3000k QB, I believe it is the smallest you can get. What you’re looking at is even better, so I say go for it, you won’t be sorry.

2 Likes

I think V1 will work for me, and save me a few bucks, too. Definitely going for the 3000k.

Can’t wait for my new sun to arrive! I’ll be ordering it in the morning.

3 Likes

You’re gonna love it! Takes a little getting used to because it’s so much better than a blurple, but once you do you’ll see how fast you go through nutes. I was worried the 3000 wouldn’t veg well, but it does a great job.

2 Likes

I’m going through all qb journals to see how you all use them. How high? What % of power for each stage? Etc. Seems like a whole new world! I’ll still run blurples in one tent, too.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what you need to get used to, height, %. Next grow I’m going to use the QB exclusively, starting from seedling I plan on going 50%, then 75% for veg, and 100% for flower; all without moving the lamp at 18"if possible.

3 Likes

Is there an indicator for wattage used or do you just have to get a feel for it?

You have to get a feel for it. I’ve never used the dimmer because of this, so next time.

1 Like

I wonder if there’s some sort of accessory to help with that? One of those things you plug in at the wall to measure power draw, maybe? Hmmm…

The next bigger kits come with something that measures it.

1 Like

I think that’s a question for @dbrn32. Im sure there must be something.

2 Likes

I think I’ll message the light company, too, and ask if they can direct me to something that would work. Maybe there’s something on the site that I’m missing. Honestly, it’s all Greek to me.

1 Like

Lol, me too. I really have no idea what i’m talking about.

1 Like

I’ll share any intel I receive from the light people. Lol!

2 Likes

We’ll have dbrn translate it for us.

2 Likes