Outdoor Grower TRYING Indoor Winter Grow

Hello there.

I’ve always grown my stuff outside.

But this year I’ve been hit hard by bud rot and mould.

The shortfall in cured bud might mean another dry and smokeless Spring.

I don’t buy or sell so there’s limited income to spare to try and make up the shortfall.

My outdoor grow plan for 2019 includes a provision for early seed propagation using a fairly lightweight LED grow light.

My indoor grow plan is to not wait until February 19 to buy it. but buy it now and grow 1 heavy yielding auto over the preceding months.

The thinking is to take advantage of the auto’s flowing cycle by building a south facing open to sunlight grow tent.

These things I can do (Sapper and engineer) and I’m fully aware of the requirements.

By using the auto’s lack of 12/12 total darkness to flower. I can (by a timer) ensure the plant get the maximum of the Sun’s natural radiation and boost it by my low powered LED.

The Training Plan

I plan to wait until the fourth node and top back to the third. Hopefully within the auto four-week veg stage.
Then, I would pin (using inline training) each stage of the grow to within the light area maximum effectiveness and then let them go vertical.

Example of My Outdoor Grow 2018 - Using this Technique

In this way, I would hope to limit the footprint of the tent and improve yield.

I’ve mapped out many grow plans, but this one has an outside chance of succeeding.

I would like to invite feedback on the general proposal bearing in mind my circumstances.

@James68

2 Likes

Mr Jack

it sounds like you are a man with a plan there,I would deffo counsel you to go for light source with more oooomph if your budget can allows , ie : Kingbo LED Grow Light 900 W Full Spectrum 12 Bands 5W

After the mold and bud rot problems you had, make sure to disinfect the
grow enviroment (fairy liquid and hot hot water + elbow grease)

Spores dig plastic the most !

Further !
J68 :christmas_tree:

Usually, I make my own soil mix.

This one looks good for a single plant grow?

ditto.

check out lights on growers lights .com they have lots of good options, they arent as cheap as amazon blurple, but you get what you pay for. i learned my lesson. I bought an hlg 135 v2 3000k for my small 2x2x4 tent. itll arrive next week, but im 100% confident i made the right choice.

2 Likes

NO affiliate links.

@jackowhee ive used fox farms ocean forrest forest from seed with no complaints. some say its too hot for seedlings, but that may depend on strain because ive had no problems

base, I’ll look into it.

However, I’m located in a remote part of rural Ireland.

Sometimes/oftentimes… you have to go with what’s available and within budget.

I’m fully aware of the light spectrum issues.

That’s why I’m trying to use free solar energy, combind with the low output lights. Also have an eye on operating costs.

base, follow the link.

Mr James.

My whole aim is to jumpstart my outside grow with the light.

I JUST THOUGHT outside the box.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

O’whee

1 Like

I highly recommend the roleadro 400w cob. It’s great for vegg, it’ll give you nodes that stack on top of each other. Great for getting a jump start on outside plants. It’s pretty good for flowering too. Although their 300w cob is better for flowering

I did some research on the Roleadro Led Grow Light 300W and it does seem to be well regarded by small growers. Certainly, one to consider.

I’ve got a couple of the Roleadro 400w cobs. For the money they do a pretty good job. They’re pretty inefficient, and only pull about 180watts. They’re good for about a 2’x2’ grow.
Of all the amazon lights I’ve bought they’re the best. Still, I can’t wholeheartedly recommend them because for just a little more a novice diy’er can build an eb lightstrip light that offers about the same light penetration with half the energy usage. DIY with bridgelux eb strips

I’m also rebuilding my roleadros with citizen 1212 cobs. Better light, half the energy, plus extra leftover drivers to build another light. https://ilgmforum.com/t/diy-tutorial-upgrading-the-roleadro-400w-cob/24031/12

2 Likes

Yeah, I seen that thread and I’m gonna do the same in the future. I got two of the 300w cobs from roleadro

1 Like

I think I spent $120 on parts for 2 lights. That’s pretty cheap I think. Not to mention I can use the extra drivers to build a 200w cob veg only light for about the same. :+1::+1::+1:

After the past year of slowly skyrocketing electric bills I’m looking to cut down as well as have better light.

I haven’t pulled the 300w one apart yet, have no idea how many drivers are in it

1 Like

How did the Duck smoke up ? :face_with_monocle:

the apologies.are all mine Green Emperor :dark_sunglasses:

the 627 reviews of this firecracker make interesting reading :sun_with_face:

I pulled one of the two of the 4 cob lights, and with only 2 months only them I just couldn’t do it. mine have 1 low power driver per cob and fan combo it would have probably limited the choice of replacement led’s :dog:

Have you ever grown autos using the training technique you’re considering?