Outdoor Grower TRYING Indoor Winter Grow 2019

Jackowhee, Nice job! you got them looking good so far!

What is your opinion about the square pots? Do you like them?

Bat, I think the squat type pots give a wider area for the heat mat to regulate the temperature. I used 2 heavy duty pedal bin liners to waterproof them, scrap plywood and some foam. I was all in, as the price was right!

Ha! I like it!

Being wise i see!

Had a baby over my way.

Congratulations.

That’s one healthy looking seedling. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a smooth and trouble free grow.

Very best regards

O’whee

1 Like

Update

The plants seem to have recovered from the cold and are now thriving. The SoG netting is a new addition and I’m hoping to be swimming in a warm “sea-of-green” by the end of March.

The grow tent will need to be heightened before turning on to flowering.

2 Komoni clones taken for insurance and maybe the next grow.

Good luck with your grows.

O’wee

2 Likes

I’m rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic again!

This time I’ve used a big tank with an aquarium water heater to maintain constant 20c through 24hrs.

I emersed my 4 Cratky pots and covered the tank with black plastic.

This means I can tailor the Ph and nutrients to suit each plant’s needs and requirements.

Happy days.

1 Like

Update

I switched the lights from 18/6 to 14/10 about a week ago with the aim of replicating end-of September sunlight times. This has triggered the first unmistakable signs of flowering. For the next 2 weeks, I’ll run 13/11 lights and change the nutrients in the Cratky pots to Bloom at 3mils per litre with .5mil CalMag & Silicon next weekend. After that, I’ll run at 12/12 for most of the flowering period only reducing light times to 8/16 in the final phase about the same time as flushing.

The temperature inside the tent and poly-tunnel can fluctuate between 10c and 34c depending on strength of sunlight, cloud cover and wind direction. To even things out a bit, I’ve erected a sunlight reflector above the tent a fan inside the tent and set the water temperature to 20c.

I’ve noticed some very small mites on the underside of fan leaves and stems of a couple of plants. Neem oil spraying seems to have them under control at the moment but this situation will have to be watched and treated.

Stay well, stay healthy but above all… stay lucky.

O’whee

3 Likes

The rapid spurt in growth on entering the flowering stage has made it necessary to tie down the main cola branches. At the same time, I’ll change the nutrients to bloom. 3 mils per litre of water, cal-mag and silicon filling the pots to halfway.

Hopefully, the plants will recover from the rough handling and each bud site will be able to develop to their full potential.

Confident I’ve done the right thing.

But I’m going to monitor the plants closely.

Stay lucky

3 Likes

Hello there Jackie Boy,

Shalom

how did the Kumaoni work out for you ?
I see that that are back in stock but I seek your pot wisdom on this Nepali strain, did your plants turn out to be females or are they a mixed sex seeds pack ?..was it a blistering high ?
I am into my second full moon of growing Auto Afghanis and the gals are looking tit ripping happy!

I send fraternal greetings to you across the ditch

J68+3/4

Hey Jim,

I ordered 5 regular Kumaoni seeds. One failed to germinate, one germinated but failed to grow. I was left with one male and two females who are currently in the fourth week of flower. So, definitely a mixed bag.

1 Like

Mr Jacque

your info is deffo food for thought…Bergmans Auto Goldleaf is a strong contender at present as I lost 5 Hindu Kush seeds that refused to germinate and set me back, time wise .
I hear we get good weather around Good Friday :sunny:

1 Like

James68

I’ve taken clones from the two female Kumaoni about four weeks ago. Both are doing well and well rooted. This will ensure the next grow with no need to buy more seeds.

I’m still hopeful that the Kumaoni/Jamaican Pearl cross will produce seeds ideally suited to the north of Ireland’s climate.

Stay well my friend

1 Like

I’m struggling a bit over here as that furkin’ east wind is cold as cold can be on my greenhouse glass, I have my fingers crossed that they are true Afghani #1 and they can take it…decent weather is on route.

Final confirmation of the plant sex.

2 x Kumaoni males - 1 x Kumaoni female - 1 x Jamaican Pearl female.

I’m happy with that.

Both males are strong, healthy and are growing bigger fatter balls than a troupe of Bolshoy ballet dancers.

Naturally, both females are developing more slowly as they await the pollen drop.

The immediate plan is to harvest the male pollen after I’m absolutely sure the two females are “up-the-duff” and store it for future experiments.

Grower’s Jitters.

If I can hold my nerve and just do nothing stupid…

Bob Marley( James68) - everything’s gonna be alright, don’t worry!

4 Likes

These are some pictures of my grow taken today.

IMG_20190412_152729|375x500 !

Having the individual pots emersed in the main tank has turnedout to be a master stroke. The Jamaicen Pearl needs stronger nutrients and more CalMag while the Kumaoni is sensitive and seems to get along with a weaker solution.

IMG_20190423_142040|375x500 !

Male K in the foeground and JP fem in the background

IMG_20190423_142045|375x500 !

Male and female Kumaoni

IMG_20190423_142100|375x500 !

As above

IMG_20190423_142119|375x500 !

IMG_20190423_142134|375x500

1 Like

DISREGARD PREVIOUS POST

These are some pictures of my grow taken today.

Having the individual pots emersed in the main tank has turned out to be a masterstroke. The Jamaican Pearl needs stronger nutrients and more CalMag while the Kumaoni is sensitive and seems to get along with a weaker solution. Slight orange spots which may indicate a nutrient deficiency?

Male K in the foreground and JP fem in the background

!

Male and female Kumaoni

!

As above

3 Likes

Well done that Man !

any chance of some shots without the Blurple light ?..do you use anti blurple sunglasses ?
My Auto Afghanis are a bit of a shower, which is a wee bit saddening…I guess I should have stayed with the bullet proof tit ripping Auto Northern Lights…boo hoo !
I send my regards

Jim Lad :roll_eyes: …wondering why the weather has turned to shite on wheels

1 Like

Jimbo

Here’s today’s all natural l light photos.

2 Likes

The pollen drop started overnight and the females are covered in dusty cannabis semen! Now the long wait for the girls to do their thing…

4 Likes

they got my motor running !