Outdoor Grower TRYING Indoor Winter Grow 2019

Do you get mold/fungus/bud rot?

1 Like

Yep, sometimes in the toes and crotch (grin) and on the plants.

It’s like creeping death.

That’s why I switched from accepting the inevitable to anticipating and combating the creeping death with light dep tents to force early flowering.

1 Like

Last year’s experiment.

I’m a slow learner!

1 Like

It’s rare that anyone responds to my posts.

To text in real-time is even rarer.

Thank you.

Oooof. That’s brutal. Have you done a couple sulfur burns during the off-season? Or any biologicals to keep to spores suppressed on your property?

The wrong strain, grown at the wrong latitude.

I instinctively knew the solution.

Force flowering and harvest BEFORE the creeping death.

My aim is to harvest my main crop before 1st October.

After that…

It’s creeping death.

I’m thinking about nursing a White Widow clone through winter.

Just a low key minimum effort with no expectations of success.

These are a few seeds from the JamcoNI (my strain from last year’s seed grow) clone and ATA Tundra male.

WIN_20200720_16_03_59_Pro WIN_20200720_16_05_05_Pro WIN_20200720_16_06_28_Pro

I cut 2 small branches that had started to die off. Even with just that small sample, it produced about 150 seed pods with 50 - 60 mature seeds that should be viable.

I’ve put a dozen in water to see if they sprout.

The genetics of JamcoNI is fairly complex.

The female was Jamaican Pearl which seems like a stable cross. It is 85% Sativa and is a cross between a pure Marley’s Collie and Early Pearl (Sativa).

The male was Kumoini. This Kumaoni landrace is a traditional multipurpose Himalayan domesticate. Unique to a district of northern Kumaon bordering Tibet, it’s cultivated for fibre, seed, and hand-rubbed charas.

This year I’ve crossed that mash-up with ATA Tundra. A cold-tolerant cannabis seed with equal parts Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck (what a name) and a rare Kazakhstani Indica sourced from the Middle East. Together, these two monster strains come to create a hardy new blend that can stand up to the harshest conditions including frost.

I’m expecting 25% male dominant, 25% female-dominant with the other 50% being a weird mix-up.

Exciting times and happy days.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good mix of genetics. Your outdoor hoop light dep thingies look cool! Good work.

Thank you.

The tents are working out to be a very good value for my extremely tight budget.

Desperate times often lead to adapting a proven method with available materials and just making it work.

I don’t want to count my chickens just yet.

But, the Tube Tent is shaping up to be a Pound++ grow.

If I can stay disciplined and not blunder away my chances, it will be by far my biggest yield for a single plant.

Here is the routine lights on 10 am and then opening the hoop tent at 11 am and lights out.:

It’s useful to be able to walk around the tent and use a rope to train the lower branches to stay within the hoop’s circumference.

7 pm reverse the procedure and lights out at 8 pm

Stay well and stay lucky.

O’whee

1 Like

Seems like yesterday.

Wow, quite a change!

This type of growing wouldn’t suit everyone’s situation.

It works for me.

I’m prone to making mistakes.

But my hopes are high that I can harvest, dry and cure.

Real-time again.

Yeah, sometimes just getting buds in jars is an accomplishment, never mind weight and quality!

My lockdown jars…

2 Likes

Cure in style.

1 Like

I had a stroke and needed to improve my right hand. So, I worked the clay. That was back in 2012. Improved a bit since then.

1 Like

Oh, is that polymer clay?

1 Like

More information can be found on my Greenroom thread here.

1 Like

Nice idea, I’ve thought about spraying mine in flat black, but figured chipping paint over time would be messy.