Outdoor grow Weird Yellowing of leaves

I hope this isn’t redundant but I’ve been searching the forum and every resource I can find and nothing really matches this except possibly a sulfur deficiency. I’m growing photo Ilgm WW and GDP. Okay Was initially going to be indoor grow but learned we have family coming to stay so I am losing both of my spare bedrooms. The plants are in 3 and 5 gallon fabric pots because original plan was SOG inside so I’m aware that is a problem. Using FFOF with a bit of perlite and earthworm castings. About a month into outdoor veg everything was looking kinda sad and droopy; one of the WW has a lot of yellow in the newer leaves. Sprinkled some crushed eggshells on soil. Bought FF Grow Big, mixed up 2 gallons at half strength and split that among 6 plants, followed with watering to capacity. (Added a pinch of Epsom Salts to water).

Everything perked up except the WW yellowing. I do have some bugs: I have been alternating Spinosad and Neem oil foliar spray.
Pictures of the bugs (also have seen Leafhoppers but can’t get a photo).
Yesterday I top dressed with some more earthworm castings and mulched with coco coir. Just cuz I figured it couldn’t hurt. Also tested pH of my tap water and it’s gone way up. 7.5+. Don’t know if that’s a contributing factor or not.
Bugs are little fly like things and little beetle like things. And the aforementioned Leafhoppers. Also something has been chewing the leaves. Sprinkled DE on the soil.

Basically wondering if this is a nutrient problem or a pest problem

I would keep an eye out for pests. It is outside, so it’s a constant battle.
The discoloration looks like leaf variegation.

Meaning it’s just a quirk and nothing to worry about?

1 Like

Nope. Expect to see a few more like that.

1 Like

Oh thank you! I’ve been stressing out big time over it. Only my second grow and first time outdoors. So much I can’t control! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Inside is definitely easier, and I completely understand Your worries. We got you as a community here.

1 Like

Yes this forum is awesomeness personified,

2 Likes