Outdoor grow journal... Autos/photos

As much of a pain in the ass it may be, you’ll also have to try and manually kill the ones you see and look for any eggs they may have laid and scrape them off into a bag with hand sanitizer or isopropyl alcohol.

1 Like

I live on the east coast so I’m very familiar with those little

1 Like

Yeah they’re no good bugs! I just Got back home from the garden. I went and checked on everything and the ladies are looking great. I still have zero insect damage on any of plants except for one has very minor leaf damage (I think that was from a snail) . Every lanternfly I come in contact with I do my best to kill but they jump far and they’re quick little bastards. I’m going to continue to kill them when I can but I’m also going to lay off the neem oil for now and continue to keep a close eye on things. I visit the garden twice a day so I’m on top of it. Even tho neem oil is organic it hurts me to spray the ladies. Especially Since some of my autos have already went into flower. Just when 2020 couldn’t get any worse laternflies show up. Next I’m going to have murder hornets digging up my plants. Hahahaha!

2 Likes

You’ll be good man. They’re not swarming so you have that going for you. Just do what you can to nip it in the bud. Like I said, hang those fly traps and maybe pin some down at the base. Cheap and efficient and for every one you snag that’s one less that can reproduce.

2 Likes

that soinds like good advice. Im curious, what do they do? You say they are invasive? Are they from another country? Do they eat plants? Never seen one before. Do they glow at night?

2 Likes

They are invasive. Asian species of plant hopper that some how got into the country in Berk County PA. It has since spread significantly. They destroy trees and plants and are also particularly destructive to wine grapes, so they have a significant impact if left untreated. They tend to lay their offs at the tops of trees/plants so that’s generally where you would want to start it you’ve seen evidence of them.

1 Like

The government actually wants people to report sightings to try and contain the spread. They are very destructive.

1 Like

Maybe you should tell the government that they are infesting you cannabis and you want action! :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:right, obviously you may want to keep it to yourself

1 Like

Day 42 all the plants are looking great today I discovered the first trichomes on one of my autos. Most of my autos are in flower now I noticed some of the lower branches weren’t amounting to much so I did a little LST on some of the autos. I have a feeling they’re going to respond great. The last week to 10 days they really started to bulk up. Other than that I noticed no bugs today which is always a good thing.

1 Like

Looking great!!

1 Like

Day 50

The ladies are looking great. Some of the smells coming off of these autos are insane. Earlier in the week I noticed a little powdery mildew on one of the plants. I treated it with neem oil and have been in the evening for the past 4 days and I think it’s all gone now. I still have very minor insect problems so far it hasn’t got out of hand. Ever since I did a little Low stress training on my autos they really started to bulk up. The photo period plants in the 20gal pots are starting to get bushy the ones in the ground are getting even bushier. I just topped them again and I’m pretty sure that’s the last time I top the photos. For my first ever serious grow I’m 50 days in and so far it’s been going well.image|375x500

I been using Humbolt Flower Shield, seems to be keeping the bug’s down, still have some grasshoppers, want to take a bite, not sure exactly what to do with them, there very destructive to cannabis, they have a big appetite

1 Like

Day 55

The girls are looking great. I did a little training to the photos in the 20 gallon pots and also the photos I have planted in the ground so more sun can get into the middle. All of my autoflowers are really starting to get covered in trichomes. In the last 5 days some of the buds doubled in size on some of my autoflowers. Lately it’s been a lot more work… The girls have been drinking a lot of water. I’m watering every other day some days I have to water once a day since it’s been really hot. I’ve also been spraying some of the plants with neem oil to prevent powdery mildew. Unfortunately my spot doesn’t get as much air flow as I’d like but I’m making the best of it.

1 Like

Look nice bud keep up the good job

2 Likes

Dude, love that garden! It looks like you have plenty of room. I have five 5 gallon pots, and two 7’s, and I had to move them all over hell and half of Georgia because of projects. The old lady decided to have the deck stained, and installed a new sliding glass door to that deck from the kitchen. Needless to say I had to move them while that work was being done, and it just about ended me. That deck was 107 today. I’ve got three fans and and I have been
syringing once an hour from 12:00 to 5:00. It’s not ideal, but when we grow outside we adapt don’t we?

Is the straw to keep the moisture in?

1 Like

Thanks!! I put a lot of time into my garden.This is my first official grow so I’m stoked on how everything has turned out so far. I still have a ways to go but I’m confident I got a good grip on what I’m doing. I should since I’ve studied my butt off . To answer your question yes I use straw for mulch. It helps retain moisture and also helps your soil from what I’ve learned. I don’t remember exactly what it does but all I know is ever since I started using it my plants have been doing great I think I’m going to add a little more since it’s been getting really hot out.

Yea, I like that concealment you have and room to move around and sweat.
If you’re in Pa, you’re getting the same humid hell Jr that we’re getting in Northern Illinois.

This Blue Dreamatic has had a fan on it everyday. that she’s been outside. It started inside, but the light I have just wasn’t doing it. I’m just waiting to cure this outdoor crop in my tent before I install the big boy lights.

1 Like

They look great man Keep up the good work !! This humidity sucks… Unfortunately tonight I discovered one of the main kolas on one of my autos had a little bud rot. I found an inch worm inside the bud. It was a little moldy in there so I cut the Shitty parts out and got rid of it. Hopefully that does the trick. Im going to keep an eye on it fingers crossed I don’t have to harvest her a early. I think she’s a little to sensitive to the humidity. This is the same plant I was treating with neem oil. She’s completely covered in trichomes. I’ll post more pics up tomorrow. Tomorrow will be day 60.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even know what bud rot looks like. These things are blowing up and they’re all tightening up as well. I’m pruning more than most to keep them manageable on my deck. I also got an insect preventative by Mammoth that I’ve been using the last two nights. I mixed it at half strength as to not do anything crazy so I should have an idea of what affect it might’ve had. I’ve been really lucky with bugs, fungus or any of the environmental challenges that will eventually rear their heads in Frog Hollow.

1 Like