Outdoor grow in promix question

Hey all,
Quick question about what I should add to promix bx. I’m using 20gal smartpots, outdoors. These are in 5gal plastic pots at the moment, it’s time to move them up to their final home. I plan on promix with 10-15% more perlite, but should I add lime or wormcastings to help with ph, Epsom salt for mag? What ratios should I go with if I should add anything?
I feed with flora trio and armor si.
Just want to see what’s out there for advice

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty and @raustin both grew in Promix. Betty even used smart pots. She is a wealth of info n her journals are super detailed. Both havent been as actuve as they used to. But hopefully she’ll be along to chime in. I think @GreenJewels uses smart pots so she can help there somewhat.

But i highly recommend u check out Betty’s last journal. Tons of info n opinions on the promix

2 Likes

Betty’s profile is private unfortunately.
I’ll look at the others though. Thanks for the direction

Ill see if i can find her journal.

3 Likes

Following along.

I’ll tag @MattyBear and @Countryboyjvd1971. I think they can help with promix :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks, Betty’s grow journal is a good read but little info on growing medium, so another perspective would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’m sure some promix users will be by shortly to help @Myfriendis410 maybe around?
Here’s a couple more of blackthumbbetties journals she’s very knowledgeable but Im pretty sure she is unavailable for a couple months.

I think @latewood also is very knowledgeable on promix

2 Likes

She and raustin had a few convos ob the promix. Adjusting for a diff ph then recommended. Differibg calmag needs. A few helpful bits between all the banter

3 Likes

These are the ladies in their 5gal pots, looking to swap them to their larger pots ASAP. Maybe even today if I can get one of my friends to help me. Too big to solo them lol

2 Likes

That looks like a 2 man job minimum

2 Likes

Yeah they hulked out since putting them outside. I’ll be putting them in cages once I do get them into their pots. Horizontal laying net over them to open the branches them I might top them just once in a month. Still debating that. Also trimming the middles and bottom up a bit. Kind like lollipoping

That would help with circulation. Alot of outdoor growers wont touch em til flower

1 Like

Soil mix: Search for @garrigan62 soil mix. He lists amounts of additives for base soils. I think ProMix is a peat base.

1 Like

I have to or I’ll get mold if I wait until flower

I’ll check it out, thanks bud

Promix contains lime, right out of the bag.

What you should add depends on what your plant needs. Unless you plan on making a super soil, living soil, or feeding via top dressing with amendments, what you add is dependent upon your plants’ needs at any given time.

3 Likes

Yay!!! I missededed you!!!

1 Like

I’m still mostly gone. 65 days left. Ugh.

1 Like

We don’t like ya gone :frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like