One of my bigger plants which is budding has most of the leaves starting from the bottom up turning yellow and wilting. My ph is a little over 7 with one of the multi testers that you stick into the ground. Is this a sign of overwatering or nutrients being off and what suggestions. I just recently used a diluted mixed combination of Black Magic All purpose supplement and the Black magic Base nutrient Part A. Could this have caused a problem? Also, one of my younger plants is getting spotted brown and white yellowed leaves? I’ve checked for all types of bugs and none found! Help!!!
Outdoor grow in above ground planter girls' leaves are turning yellow and wilting!
Welcome to the forum @revbobby!!!
Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
- Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
- Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Light system
- Temps; Day, Night
- Humidity; Day, Night
- Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
- Co2; Yes, No
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner
I’m answering these questions that someone posted.
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed…Not sure
- Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF…Soil with nutrients
- Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths…Pots
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)…soil PH is a little over 7
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable…not sure
- Indoor or Outdoor…outdoor
- Light system…natural sunlight
- Temps; Day, Night…Soutnern California and it’s been weird weather lately with very cold 40’s and 50’s nights lately
- Humidity; Day, Night…low humidity
- Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size…natural outdoor
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier…N/A,
- Co2; Yes, No…N/A
Sorry so late, is that a lemon or lime tree growing in the same pot as the pot? If so, it could be partially due to being root bound. Roots of citrus trees are very bark and hard and could just be strangling your poor baby.
Also, what kind of soil?
Is that a regular plating pot? Does it have good drainage or is it draining into a saucer?
pH is high… soil sweet spot should be 6.5
Temp could be affecting it as well
Anyway… a lot of bad going on… amazing they are still alive at all.
Thanks for responding to me!As far as I know, it’s a lime tree, called Bearss lime that it’s sharing that big mexican ceramic pot with. The soil is organic above ground planter soil and I’m also using Black Magic base nutrient Part A and Black Magic all purpose supplement. I do have good drainage with the ceramic pot it’s in. I’m in Southern California but we have had some very erratic weather lately with a lot of temps down in the 40’s off and on and, sporadic rain and then nice warm 80’s…so, all over the page with weather. Is it too late to transplant since she is budding right now?
Good question. I’m going to tag a few other people that would know better @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410
My guess really is that the lime tree roots are choking out the girl… it may be almost impossible to untangle them at this point
Also, how much and how often are you feeding?
I think at this point I’d let it ride. Lesson learned for next time. You should get a yield though.
Thank you so much for responding to my dilemma on my girl growing in the same pot with a lime tree! She’s looking better the past week and a lot more buds are growing out even lower on the plant and they smell wonderful…I only wish I knew what strain she is!