Outdoor grow haven't used any additives.Bad idea?

I did a heavy dose of both fertilizers last night knowing we were going to get some morning rain. I also bent both plants down using an iron plant hanger. I didnt put a lot of stress on stems but needed to do this because they were too tall and very noticable from my sunporch. My teenager has friends over all the time and they hang out there so it would be a matter of time before someone noticed them.
Plus I think it will help all branches get more sun. I will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Just enough to be out of sight.:+1:
Buds are already pointing skyward.

1 Like

Yeah I’m fond of stealth growing. Thanks to the County clearing up on two sides of my property I’m not sure if I’ll be able to utilize a spot I’ve been looking at for next spring. But I’m not going to complain as they are making the gravel roads here a whole lot safer :blush:

1 Like

Left is aug. 30 right is sept.13

My girls have filled out nicely in the past 2 weeks. I feel I haven’t been watering enough. They are in the ground so I can’t really over water so I have been giving them a nice soaking every couple of days. Plus still giving them full dose of foxfarm big bloom.
I think they will be ready in a couple of weeks or less. I bought a phone microscope and trichomes are cloudy with a couple of amber.

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny @PhantomFarmer @Nug-bug @Growit
Harvested my last plant today.
So far I have 5oz dry bud and a box of trim.
I will probably only get around 20 grams from last plant. Such a long grow. I planted seeds in May. I love this site and learned so much. I can’t wait until spring. I may try some autos.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I want to make canna capsules and canna butter with trim. Tons of popcorn buds in trim too.

1 Like

Looks good. Be watchful for mold, boveda packs may not be necessary…

I lost a lot to bud rot before harvest.I had one main kola almost a foot long in a paper bag and when I checked it it was covered in white mold. Killed me to throw it away.

Bummer, about the mold. My wife told me she doesn’t want boveda packs in the jars, most of mine is pretty much cured.

Can the boveda packs promote mold? I bought a few digital rh meters and they say 68% even with boveda packs. Maybe I should dry them more before jarring.

i’ve heard of boveda promoting mold, maybe the bud was too wet when they tried jarring it.

1 Like

@butchbrooks dump the buds out on a plate for a day in a dry area and see
if that helps. The bovida do not work both ways. The claim is that they
also lower RH but in fact they raise and maintain it… I have a ten pack
of 58% sitting unopened. Best of luck!

Makes sense. They have liquid in them so more likely to raise rh. Thanks for the info.
I have been opening lids everyday and most are good. A couple are borderline so I will put those on a paper plate for a day.

:+1:t2: Thumbs up to that!!

:+1:t3::+1:t3: Right on