Outdoor grow 5 weeks

Looking good
What are the leaves you have there around your plant
Is that to keep bugs out?

1 Like

First time grower: Mini Bonsai Weed Plants?

Spot: Northern Cali
Seed: Master Kush (ILGM)
Dirt: Fox Farm Seed Warrior
Fertilizer: none yet
Started in a Super Sprouter
Moved outside June 1

Seeds germinated on April 17-29
I was told not to put them outside until after Mother’s Day, so they spent most of their early life in the Super Sprouter (=low light) but on nice days I would let them soak up the sun outside.

Moved outside permanently on June 1.

Question: I look at other growers’ pics and their outdoor plants are already way larger than these. I’ve tried not to overwater, letting them dry out between watering. We have had a cool spring with lots of wind.

Maybe the Master Kush start out small?
Maybe give them a little nutrients next watering?
Maybe too much water?
Maybe just be patient?

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Pics

April 22

May 17

May 26

June 4

3 Likes

Some of them do look a little wet. Do you see any roots coming out the bottom? They’re growing like they’re rootbound.

Don’t see any roots coming out the bottom. Just took one out of it’s pot and has roots but wouldn’t call it “root bound.”

Thanks

Ok, well, it looks like the feeder leaves have died, so I would recommend feeding just a little bit on the next watering.

Cool. 1/4 dose, 1/2 dose? to start

Start with a 1/4 dose and see how they do.

Awesome. Thanks.

Hello! Yes, she looks ok… you can start feeding her at this point. But dont forgeth to not overwater her!

Great to know. Yes, the leaves are there to redirect the bugs elsewhere. Here’s another question if you don’t mind. The pH for lime trees to grow ideally is 6.5. Would it be safe to say that Marijuana would grow, vigorously, on the same land/soil as the lime trees? I have not been able to sample pH of my soil yet. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I think it would as they are both acid loving plants and the pH needed for optimium nutrient uptake is the same
What do you think @highcountrygal
@aussie123556
I know yall have fruit trees and are growing all kinds of things besides just cannabis

1 Like

A slurry test would be good to determine exactly where your dirt is at

@Growit thank you for the tag. What I am going to say will not be the popular method but take it for what it’s worth. I think they need to be out of the starter soil and into a larger pot with your soil. I am a firm believer in a healthy root system and I try to get then going in a bigger pot as soon as I can. I do not fertilize or feed anything until at least they are 3 months old and here is why. In order to have a plant that will be able to support those heavy colas a strong root system needs to grow and develop. The food it requires is already in your soil and usually lasts up to 3 months. Feeding anything above dirt level when so very young causes the top part to grow much faster than the roots, I call it forced growth, which in turn will weaken your stalk, stems and branches. requiring the necessity of having to support by staking, tying and propping. Work on getting the root system healthy and strong, then allow the plant to develop without feeding it and when the flowering begins, usually around 3 months, your soil is pretty much depleted so now start your feeding. You will have fewer problems and a really healthy plant. Learn to listen to your ‘girls’ they will tell you when they need something, they already let you know when they need watering. Don’t medicate before you see the symptoms. Good luck and best of buds to ya! @TyDurdan

4 Likes

Awesome. Super helpful. @highcountrygal

Tomorrow they go into their forever homes.

2 Likes

Keep me on tag I’d like to see how it turns out @TyDurdan Holler if you need to:)

@Growit i think we’re pretty lucky except for the clay after a 1m down,ph seems to between 7 an 6.5 usually as am always adding ferts to the garden when needed.capcicums an chillies seem to love it,have had good results with them so far an the usual culprits basil,parsley thyme an just got some rosemary cutting off a friend :)an a pumpkin always seems to pop up aswell,have had a succulent craze of late,am keen to try a dwarf lime or lemon tree asap,along with that we have pretty good weather all year round,not below 7 degrees celcius or higher than 43 degrees c in summer,god’s country as they say,no complaints from me.o an was talking to the garden today like cheech out of nice dreams,oooo drink that water my darlings lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

7 Likes

What are you expecting to harvest and I’m at week 7 and I f. I. M and now I’m trying to figure out how to keep her at 5 ft try to harvest at less 2 pounds per plant

1 Like

Greetings from Costa Rica! My White Widow autos are now at 8 and 9 weeks and looking good! However, 6 seeds did not germinate thus far, I have contacted customer support at ILGM and hopefully they remedy the situation. I have a question about quantity, if I may.

ILGM advertises White Widow (fem) and Sour Diesel (fem) as producing as much as 21 ounces per plant. I’m a beginner, but that sounds like an extremely high yield. Can any of you fine people confirm harvests this large?

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Under optimal conditions with good pruning skills, it is possible. As a new grower, highly unlikely.

Your veg time will also play a critical role in what you are able to harvest…

3 Likes