Outdoor fencing ideas

Gonna be expanding the outdoor garden for our girls, and looking for some inexpensive suggestions for fencing. Area is 16x21. What is everyone using?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Pallets have worked real well for me.

4 Likes

What are you trying to keep out

1 Like

I used 2x4 welded wire for the top 4’, and rabbit fencing for the lower part. The lumber was the most expensive part, and I didn’t have to buy the poles (recently anyway, had those sawn from some black locust 4 years ago). The gate too, it was like $170.

3 Likes

12x6 chainlink panels and 6x6 panels and gates. I pay about 150 for the 12x6 80 for the 6x6 and a little over a hundred for 6x6 gatse and hinges. I also have a 5x10 chainlink dog run

3 Likes

@MsRebecca Mine is just t posts and welded wire. I’ve had that gate for a bazillion years.

6 Likes

Do you want to hide them or keep varmints out?

1 Like

It’s almost done! Welded wire galvanized and I found a used gate for $55 CA $300 for 12”x2”x10’ lumber that we ripped into small boards for the top we got a deal because they were odd thickness 1,1 1/2,2” from our local lumber yard. I love living in a small community! Reclaiming the soil from where the sod was removed then more soil with amendments to lighten it for the raised part there will be a small walkway around the edge to access the boxes. 20’x15 ‘
Good luck with your garden build and growing lol.

8 Likes

Very cool topic. I never used fence, only hot wire. Interesting to see what people are using.

1 Like

@SheilaT That’s nice!

2 Likes

This is pretty much what we’ve decided upon, at 6 feet I think? Would love to find a funky ornate gate, it’s the silly chick in me, I guess!

2 Likes

NICE work Sheila, and I love your boxes all around the perimeter! I’m thinking marigolds and lemon grass and geraniums to keep some of the bugs at bay. Someone could have WARNED me that the Black Fly is the Maine state bird. Jeesh!

1 Like

Me too but the hubby vetoed lol!

1 Like

Thanks! I have read that the marigold is good for deterring pests too here’s hoping.
Nothing will save us from the black flies lol

1 Like

Critters and my dog mostly and the odd dear or moose

1 Like