Outdoor early flowering problems

Hi all I have moved to a whole new climate to where I’m use to growing.
I’m growing plants from a variety of seed found in weed i bought over the years so i don’t know if they are autos or not ( properly not being in Oz and where i used to live but possibly) I planted late August and summer solstice is 22 December so why are nearly all my plants showing preflowers?? One is in flower …

I did have to move them for security reasons from 11hrs direct sunlight to a slightly more shaded area i think they still get around 9 to 10 hrs direct sunlight shade is only hr or 2 from dawn and a hr or 2 til dusk

1 Like

If they’re getting 12 or more hours of dark they will bloom

1 Like

Pretty sure we are getting about 13hrs of sunlight atm

1 Like

They are still in full sun except early morning and late afternoon they are shaded from distance trees ( they are in a open paddock) if that helps lol

If they’re old enough, usually 3 months, they’ll flower in 13hours of light. Some strains are more likely.
I had some ilgm Cali dream begin flowering in mid July( just under 14 hours).

1 Like

Looks like your daylight hours are increasing. The plants will stop flowering and slowly re veg.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger yes the days are getting longer til 22 December that’s what had me stumped

If you had them indoors under 18/6 or some high number of daylight hours, and then brought them outside to 13 hours of light, they’ll start flowering too.

1 Like

Thanks for the info … im 100% outdoors atm hopefully get set up for indoors by Christmas :crossed_fingers: