Outdoor DWC feminized White Widow in Nor Cal-side by side comparison

Thanks for your sympathy! :grin:
One of three is severely wilted, and I assume some form of root not. A second is not so bad, but has issues. The third, a different variety, seems fine, except for some spider mites.

1 Like

All three look bad now. I’m guessing this is why dwc doesn’t work for outdoor grows in the summer. Glad my life doesn’t depend on it.

I’m hoping I might keep a few immature “colas”. Even a few would be as much as I want to use.

1 Like

Any opinions on whether I should try to harvest any of this? Plenty of pistils, but all white. Some sugar leaves, currently with trichomes.

super early IMO give it three more weeks or so. The plant is going to put all her energy into reproduction at this point so be patient.

Thank you!

But I’m pretty sure the plants are just about dead.

Wow. Id probably save what i could now. It looks pretty far gone.

1 Like

This year!

2 Likes

Whatever you do , don’t repeat last year… :wink:
Tag me if you need help… :+1:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

This year i came back after two weeks away, checked the plant by flashlight soon as I got home; still early but things looked okay.

Within 24 hours (this morning) the single p!ant was stolen.

The evening I got home, after dusk, while checking plants, there were striking bird cries. I’m now wondring it it was thieves.

Hi,I’m new but doto$p I need to use aerogarden as my container so glad I found your journal @nellabela

this my northern lights auto
in glass is cheese auto
@Killadruid I have nice roots coming out of no so I’m terrified of breaking her stem if I tried stuffing her in growing sponge.

I had that problem (I think it’s “damping off”) with several seedlings in my aerogarden this year. It seemed to be a bigger problem with my “auto” White widow then the regular white widow. It happened enough times to make me hesitant to grow autoflowers in the aerogarden.

As an aside, turns out I had a spidermite problem on the plant that got stolen. I didn’t look at this picture until recently.

Take my bugs- fleas.

free lawn services are here
Reminding me that the girls will never see sunshine. might offer boys as sacrifice.

2 Likes

This years seedlings at 2 weeks.

I think I’m moving the biggest ones to “double cups” tommorow. They worked GREAT for my pepper plants last year.

1 Like

Now in double cups.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to another thread where I was able to share a picture.

1 Like

Why two cups?

1 Like

I mostly grow tomatoes and peppers, and the double cup idea is a sip method from Khang Star, and works great for peppers

1 Like

Cool. I’ve not heard of it. I’ll have to look it up!

1 Like

This was six weeks ago. Looks like I had root rot strike since then, in soil over a reservoir.

At first I thought it was leaf burn and heat damage, as it has been very hot, especially in this greenhouse, and one day the plants wilted, and I couldn’t keep up with filling the reservoirs in the buckets. When two plants recovered, but one didn’t, I started to notice the plant wasn’t taking up water, and began to suspect root rot. Today I noticed the drainage hole in the dying plant was blocked.