So on an impulse, bought some seeds here, germinated five seeds in baggies with moist paper towels, THEN started my research.
I put one in an Aerogarden, four in seed starting mix. The one in the Aerogarden took off, so I moved two more in. The first one stayed way ahead, so I put it in one of my sub-irrigation bucket things I use for peppers.
Found this site, folks said no,
…so I got a bubbler.
I read somewhere that starting hydroponic indoors, then moving outside after longest day for flowering, could work for me in NorCal, but can’t find the reference right now.
Fast forward about four weeks, two are in DWC, one in a hempypot, one sad sack in ProMix HP, all with Maxigrow for about four weeks then Maxibloom. PPM around six hundred now, pH around 6.5, although I used higher ppm at first.
Days are 70-90, nights mid fifties.
I’m posting pics to illustrate, but could use some help diagnosing these brown marks on the fan leaves. I have had some whitefly, and probably some thrips, ( as well as ashes and soot from nearby fires, ) and treated with Safer Insect Soap, and Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad. Hesitate to use Need oil, although I use it on my mater’s and peppers with success.
Flowering Day 20 below
The only one in potting mix