Outdoor Desert Grow

@Growit I am in the East county part of San Diego semi High desert. Closer to the coast is where the moisture is, but yes our climates are similar. Do you like Jasmine tea? That’s what Jasmine Sambac is, the jasmine that makes it jasmine tea, like the old jasmine essential oil smelled. Grows fast has nice white smelly flowers. You are going to have to open up a tour of your place for weed eaters! :woman_farmer:t4: :yin_yang:

2 Likes

this has been dubbed “The Cube”
It is a 4’x4’x4’ cube. I made it using pvc pipe for a frame and the mylar lined foam using my galaxy hydro 300w 9 band led. With 2 small 6” clip on fans in the ceiling
The light is small for the box area but is working great for poppin seeds.
I had the northern lights , purple haze , gold leaf , agent orange sprouted waiting on chemdawg and another super silver haze to pop up
I also used a straight to dirt method for these ones. No soak no paper towel. Just seed to pot. Using Roots soil for the seedlings in little 1/2 gallon pots and so far they are all sprouting. They will be transplanted at the end of the month when my super soil is done baking.

6 Likes

this is a super skunk LST a lil extreme maybe
She had some bad light burn damage due to fixture rigging on my supplemental cfl fixture. So all the damaged foliage was clipped off I then bent her right at the bottom of her trunk and been pinning her down constantly last couple weeks
Yesterday I took it down from 10 limbs to 8. Lolied them all to the top two nodes and buried the whole stalk and all the branches. Did something similar to one of my blueberry and northern lights autos on my first grow and liked the results. Originally I was just gonna be doing some topping and light bending and tying but since the light fixture mishap figured this would be a good way to go. I guess kinda experimental but think it will make for a gnarly root system

6 Likes

So officially here are the strains for this grow
2- Super Silver Haze
2- Northern Lights
2- Gold Leaf***
2- Purple Haze
2- Super Skunk
1- Chemdawg
1- Agent Orange
1- Fishead’s Super Lucky #13 Skunk
(The last one is a buddies plant she is gonna grow with her two Super Skunk cousins)

3 Likes

Everything has already sprouted with the exception of Chemdawg and one of the Super Silver Haze.

1 Like

This is going to be great @Growit I really wanted agent orange.

1 Like

Keep forgettin tags
@Fishead @garrigan62 @highcountrygal
@mulegal @MattyBear @1BigFella
@Countryboyjvd1971 @MAXHeadRoom

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @M4ur @1BigFella @bob31

2 Likes

OMG friend how many do you planning to grow :joy:… Let’s see how you do things now :sunglasses::wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping me tagged @Growit. I forget to do that also.

Sounds like you’re going production!! hahahaha

2 Likes

I wonder if you’re going to run into photoperiod problems. Until March 22 or so we have 12 hour or longer nights, so plants with outdoor light will try to flower. If they are not far enough along, the longer days after March 22 can confuse them and they try to go back into vegetation until September 22 or so. That confusion tends to lead to hermies.

When you veg inside and then put them outside to flower, you have to do it between around June to February. Or try keeping them in veg by supplying light at midnight. Conversely, you can also force them to flower during summer by covering them so they only get 12 hours of light, but the cover has to be really really good.

Or you can plant all autos and forget about photoperiod. They just don’t get very big.

1 Like

@Growit Years ago I had a friend who did the same took a branch laid it against the wall of his green house anf it grew to about 10 ft. and at every node there was a budlet growing!

1 Like

I am supplementing light till the days are long enough should work out
Between the greenhouse and the cube I can keep supplementing light till then

I know right. Kind of ambitious for my second grow but I am confident it is going to be a good run. Not so confident in myself but confident that I have support here and also good local support too when I need it

2 Likes

Lil bit. Some is for personal medication one plant is my buddies
My health sucks and missed tons of work. So supplementing the income a bit.
How ever no corners will be cut to make a buck
The goal here is to get and provide high quality medical grade cannabis to people at workin mans price.

1 Like

Some updates on some of the ladies

7 Likes

So @1BigFella thank you so much again for the post on day light hours.
I looked into it an from what I can tell the days are not gonna be quite as long as I thought in the begining of march
So to stay on schedule with transplanting at the end of this month I have 3 of these coming for the green house to supplement light
https://www.amazon.com/T5-Grow-Light-Fluorescent-Hydroponic/dp/B00U39CY0C?tag=greenrel-20
That way I can get em outta the little pots and into the 15 gallon pots and put all of them in the green house. I laid everything out and these should work out perfectly
As it is only for supplemental lighting and because of the available power in the green house these fixtures fit the bill for me
I was happy with how the cfl fixture I built performed last grow for sup lighting.
These fill the green house perfectly and that way I can squeeze in two grows a year
One big outdoor and a smaller greenhouse grow
The t5s should help with low temps in the colder months and the foot print these fixtures put out I am sure I can do a 6 plant grow. And I can get a black out cover made at work for it that way I can flower them when ever it is time
What ya think?
@M4ur @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971
@TDubWilly @Covertgrower

5 Likes

I think it will work just fine. You might want to consider the LED equivalent instead of the fluorescent for lighting. Or even the DIY strips for lighting. @Growit

5 Likes

Im with @Covertgrower for veg t5 is a good set up and proven
For flower im not so sure
Tbe so have flower lights but id Be worried about penetration

1 Like

yea @Growit, you can build one out of strips that would bury that fluorescent unit…same amount of $$$

2 Likes