Outdoor - CA - Seedlings

Hello ILGM Community.

First, thank you for all your posts. I have looked through many topics and feel that I have learned a lot.

I’m now in the seedling phase and getting ready to upgrade my pot size and begin giving my plants nutrients. I am being careful not to over water and am also bringing my plants in at night. I think they are doing well so far. Only 1 has some yellow on the leaves.

I have started 10 plants but 6 are for a friend. My 4 are going to be Sour Diesel, Acapulco Gold, Northern Lights and Island Skunk. I’m a sativa smoker and wanted to grow some strains that I found interesting. All are feminized seeds. I might add 2 auto-flower because I can legally grow 6 plants.

Here is a picture of where I am at now. They were germinated around 4/10 and planted in this starter dirt a little over a week ago.

When would all of you recommend I repot these? I believe at that time I will start a low dose of the nutrients.

3 Likes

Do me a favor and fill this out paying particular attention to the type of soil, and what supplements you are planning on.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

A better picture would be helpful too.

Unless you are in coco or Promix you should not think about adding supplements until way later. Like in flower.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - 1 of each: Sour Diesel, Acapulco Gold, Island Skunk, Northern Lights
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF — SOIL
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths — POTS
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) — Tap water (I have reverse osmosis if that is better?)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable – NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor – Outdoor
  • Light system – The Sun
  • Temps; Day, Night – Day currently 65-75, night 52-65 (I bring them inside at night)
  • Humidity; Day, Night - Usually 50-60%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size – NO
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, – NA
  • Co2; Yes, No – NA
1 Like

I kept my 21 seeds that popped in paper towel in 16oz solo cups for 4 weeks. When I pulled them out to pot up to 5 gallon fabric there was good root development. One thing I always use is rooting powder. What size are those u are using? What soil are u going to use when u repot? I use foxfarms so no need for nuts until flower. What size pots are u going to finish in?

Completely unhelpful. Good luck.

1 Like

Not sure what I did (or didn’t do) to get that response from you. I answered the questions the best I could. Sorry my knowledge and experience isn’t on your level to answer the questions the way you would have liked.

1 Like

Hello Harry,

3-4 weeks was the range I read about and was going to follow. I know I need to wait until more leaves develop before I repot. I bought regular potting soil. Mine I am going to put in 15 gallon containers because I have some space and privacy in my backyard. The current pots are just 3 inches or so tall. They are the kind that are made out of some organic material.

Thank you.

1 Like

If those are the organic cups u just drop in that break down I would “pot up” at 4 weeks. Repot to 5 gallon fabric pots use good organic soil like foxfarms do not use miracle grow!! Then leave in 5 gallon for few months then repot to ur final 15 gallon pots. I had about 15% perlite to my mix. ( what brand of soil that is a big factor)

Don’t think you gave him enough info about your soil, brand . . . Fox Farm, Pro Mix, Miracle Grow, etc. and which of their products you are using. Shouldn’t have hurt any for him to be a little less dismissive though . . . and you filled out the “form” he uses, and it isn’t very specific when it comes to media. Anyway, someone that quick to be so dismissive of a new grower isn’t here to help.

2 Likes