Outdoor Auto-grow powdery mildew problem on AK47 Auto

Hello fellow Growers,

Been fighting this powdery mildew on my AK47 for a while now. I determined it on very early stage and first I used a Bio-Fungicide. It worked but it came back. Problem is that she is already on the end phase of flowering. This chick will be done in 3 weeks time.
So I don’t want to spray all buds again with that shit even if its organic.
I tried the milk spray method, 50-50 mixed with water and sprayed thoroughly. Yes the buds too because it just spread there too. And left to dry under direct sunlight. This too worked and got rid of the mildew but the buds and some small hairy leaves are covered with sticky dried milk now.

Would it be ok if I spray and flush all the buds out of milk with distilled water or Nettle tea spray (1/20) so I don’t smoke Kinder milk slice flavored weed?

1 Like

I wouldnt spray buds l. Thats how you get bud rot. Just do a wash at the end

1 Like

You could spray a water and hydrogen peroxide mix about 1.5-2 tbsp per gallon mixed in. But I wouldn’t soak the buds (mist them) drench the leaves. In darkness to avoid burn. If you have trichomes showing well they are there to prevent rot. Wait about 10-15 minutes and shake the plant to help remove excess pm and moisture. At least from in ground outdoor experience this is what I would do.

1 Like

And I agree with this completely a good bud wash at the end will help as well. I just would try and remove it before the buds get super frosted or the pm will still be stuck to the trichomes and you’ll be smoking it anyway.

Wow. It’s your own health growmie…give it a bud wash at the end?!? That’s pure insanity in my mind…no thanks!

Get the issue addressed or cull the plants and live to smoke another day!

That PM has set right in on those plants…it’s a humidity issue. Now that it’s there it’s gonna be very difficult to eliminate on this run, and it will come back again and again at the slightest sign of moisture. The spores have permiated your grow space so treating the plants is just treating symptoms…not the problem.

You’ll need to do a deep clean in your space and manage humidity if you want to prevent this on your next run too.

2 Likes