Out of practice

Haven’t grown in a few years and this issue seems new to me.
All the lower leaves are browning and falling off. I started them early may, not sure what they are as i had just happened upon the seeds.
The tall skinny one is already starting to bud, but has no big leaves.
Any input or advice would help ease my mind.
Thank you all.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Babydoggy
Some questions to help solve your problem first…
What kind of soil is that? Are there drain holes in that bucket?
How much direct sunlight are they getting?

1 Like

I thought I was skinny :rofl: that one is stretched like crazy. I’m new to growing but definitely looks like the one needs more light but let the others chime in.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. If you could fill out a support ticket it would be easier to help you. :grinning: :v:

fill out a support ticket Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The

Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You. also a clear pic so we can see the problem areas.

1 Like

Yes, i do have a bunch of drain holes punch in the bucket .

1 Like

Looks like lack of light.

3 Likes

Im not sure as to the PH, i just threw the seeds in dirt and started watering them. Have no idea what strains they are.
They get about 7 hrs of solid light, in an open yard.
Well ventilated.

1 Like

I always thought that might be a concern, but they seemed to grow quite well until recently.

Cant find your soil online. What general area are you in? No need to be specific.

Southern Ontario.
I just grabbed the bag from the grocery store.

My others don’t seem to have stretched as badly as just the one has, but still leaves are falling off

1 Like

I think almost all of your problems are the soil. Those plants are struggling to grow. There is little to no secondary growth. There should be stems from each node where the lower leaves were. Lower leaves have fallen off because the plant took the nutrients back from them. Also I see the peat pot that it was started in. Cannabis has a hard time growing through those. The plant grows too fast and those take too long to break down and let the roots through. Next time either don’t use a peat pot or remove it after transplanting. You need to find a good cannabis friendly soil. And adding a good measure of perlite to help drainage too. They dont like having wet roots. They do better with wet/dry cycles. Water then let it become dry before watering again.
Your new plants need to be transplanted into good soil. Dont use that stuff you posted the pic of.

5 Likes

Use Happy Frog. That soil looks almost like clay that you have in those pots. I would also go with fabric pots of a bigger size.

4 Likes

Fox Farms products are available in Canada.
Both of these work great.
After a month or so you will need to feed them.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Looks like your soil may be the issue. Also, cannabis, in soil, prefers a pH of 6.3-.8. This is very important, unless you are growing in organic, living soil. Pick up some Fox Farm Happy Frog or Ocean Forest. Roots Organic makes great cannabis soils as well. Most of them have enough of the good stuff, so that you only have to add ph’ed or distilled water the first few weeks. And definitely, DEFINITELY, get a pH and TDS meter. BlueLab and Apera make great pH meters, some double as TDS meters as well. Worth the investment. A simple TDS meter is like $12 on Amazon, these measure how much is in your feeding solution when you start with feeding.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy growing!!!

4 Likes

A cannibis friendly soil will get you thru about 6 weeks before adding any nutes. You won’t believe the difference in your plants.
PaOjtXFCVqp5Q8g0si

3 Likes

True that!

2 Likes

You’re also going to need bigger pots eventually if you’d like more successful / higher yielding grows.

2 Likes

If your worried about stretching try tieing her down and let the lower growth catch up. Id probably wait to do so once the plants have been transitioned and have recovered.good luck bud.

1 Like