Out from under the stairs

I was a cigar smoker just before it became hip. I got laid off from my Engineering job and decided there was a market to exploit. But the business morphed into humidifiers and that pretty much drove us.

The thing about humidors is that there is a large humidity difference between the outside and the inside of the box. This puts stress on the wood which will warp the lid. So, really good moisture barrier materials need to be used on the inside. A veneer box is more stable but I like solid wood. Choose a good hardwood like hard maple. Walnut can be soft and oak is hard to seal.

Spanish Cedar only! for the interior. Or nothing at all. The European humidors don’t include Spanish Cedar in their design.

2 Likes

That sounds like it must have been really fun! Good thing Spanish cedar is so cheap :rofl::rofl:

I have some really nice maple I’ve been thinking of using for this. I’ve got tons of scraps from lutherie work, so accent pieces won’t be hard to come by.

I’ll reach back out when I start the process.

Thanks Alan

1 Like

Happy to help if I can: tag me in to your project and take pictures.

2 Likes

Yeti Wedding weighed in at 4.02oz of nice sticky buds. We’ve already smoked 4 grams and the wife loves it!

2 Likes

Woah there killer! That’s awesome

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve seen a couple phenos but these sucky little things are covered in beautiful red pistils and we’re very quick to trim. Hopefully bud structure is consistent across the board.

Wife is dead serious that we don’t share these buds :rofl:

3 Likes

Wow is this a yeti cola ? If so I am not surprised it actually looks exactly like yeti buds to me lol !!

2 Likes

Totally agree with this …those seeds are like gold to me !! Lol

I’m nearing a month in a grove bag …and it’s just more and more offensive smelling as time goes by …it is also just outright Dank …every bud I break up is solid …cannot wait to grow more myself …and if every grower experienced it in my opinion … @Graysin would be in the Bahamas right now counting money …

3 Likes

I can’t wait till these things have a couple weeks cure. But the high is exceptional.

Yeah @Lacewing it sure is a Yeti Wedding :metal:

2 Likes

@Underthestairs i like that. Gonna show the wife and see if that’s something she would like. Did you buy that or create it

The hammock swing? It was a purchase of the wife. I’d guess Amazon :joy:

1 Like