Out from under the stairs

@Latitudes after seeing you talking about training a plant like the points of a compass I figured I’d tag you over here rather than clogging up the buds thread.

Quadlining it’s called. I’m certainly no pro, but you can see my process here :metal:

4 Likes

I’m glad you posted this, I couldn’t remember who I was talking to about quads :laughing: I am doing quads on all 6 in my 4x4 but they’re fighting me. I have two that took a indica turn and are wanting to stay small one mutant and three that are growing crazy :crazy_face: we do it to ourselves planting so many strains together, it’s hard enough with the same ones. I’ll be updating the 4x4 today I’ll tag you when I do

3 Likes

Please do!

It’s the various strains that kills us, I agree with you completely :joy:

You can’t always win with the same strain if you get a handful of different phenos.

3 Likes

That’s how it’s done :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks buddy

3 Likes

Seems that way every time. Not much consistency in the seeds. I’m guessing they haven’t been back bred enough. I’m sure it takes a longggg time to get phenotype narrowed down :grimacing:

As far as I can tell that’s also not genetically great. Diversity is usually more healthy. I haven’t started rabbit holing this yet. I’m trying to avoid it for now :rofl:

3 Likes

Me too! I have enough to try to know without trying to understand something I’m not even doing! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Come to the dark side :rofl:

6 Likes

Dad’s seed threw sex pistols yesterday. @Stoneman pointed them out during a quick inspection. I am ecstatic to find she’s a lady.

Breeding sounds too fun. I don’t want it to consume my life :rofl: @Graysin I’m not sure my wife would be as supportive as yours.

I can see it now… babe I need a new… :facepunch::star2::face_with_head_bandage: ok never mind.

5 Likes

Thankfully it’s a lot of waiting! So it’s not much different from growing in general. Waiting to sex the plants, waiting to pollinate the females, waiting for the females to be reversed if they’re gonna be the pollen donor. I thought growing was a test of patience, but damn! Making seeds is even worse.

Hooray! Hopefully you’ve got some clones cut.

:joy: $20 pollen collector box, $40 Bottle of silver thiosulfate. You’ve already got the rest. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think I’ll lean towards having a small grow box so I can 12/12 a clone of each sex, leave them small and let them dance with each other.

Feminized would be fun though.

But Mel… lady Gray said… :rofl:

2 Likes

You can make your own CS you just need a couple pieces of silver and a 9v battery

4 Likes

Very cool :metal:

1 Like

Feminized is the way to do it (for me). I’m after saving money with seeds, not necessarily breeding. If I happen to get good genetics while I’m making the seeds, that’s a plus. The Yeti Wedding is one such happy accident. I’ll have 2, maybe 3 of those ready for harvest next week. :star_struck:

Interesting. I wonder if home-made CS would work well. The stuff I used did not do the trick, hence the STS instead (although I understand from @repins12 that STS is also pretty simple to make)

2 Likes

I have never personally made or used any, I just read the article a long time ago and saw y’all talking about it so I went and found it

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you very much for that!

I see your beans popping all over this place with some sweet looking plants coming out of it. What’s your most prideful cross so far?

1 Like

Don’t know his best, but I walked on my back porch this morning and Creepy Crawly Annihilator Auto was already smelling strong! Caught me off guard strong.

2 Likes

That one’s been nice looking too

1 Like