Out from under the stairs

Jealous i got get my bike out. Weather finally getting nuce 2 ride it

4 Likes

You already know im up here wit ya :wink:. Drove up to hampton beach yesterday. Hitting the cape soon! Ill keep you posted. Have fun! Wish i had my bike still, i wanna buy a new one.

3 Likes

I have 2 and I want to buy a new one :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Aight im swinging through so we can go for a cruise :joy::joy:

1 Like

Soon for real though. We will have a smoke sesh by the beach n grill out fish jet ski

2 Likes

Damn I need that invite :joy:

3 Likes

Texas is a lil far but if your willing to make the trip :laughing::rofl:. We on the North East in New England. masss

3 Likes

Come up @Breezy !

@ConcreteBudz I’ve never been on a jet ski

4 Likes

Lmao if only I could. Sounds like a blast!

1 Like

@Breezy my place ain’t grand, but it’s home. And I’ll open it for good people. I might even have enough smoke to share…

5 Likes

Haha we can all throw down on that!!! We will have to change that jet skiing is mad fun!!

4 Likes

I see it as a water motorcycle. That’s amazing

4 Likes

Whats up @Underthestairs . So… next weekend I’m gonna try and get this hydrolock system set up and running. Hopefully you don’t mind me asking a ton of questions when I do :joy::call_me_hand:
What are you using as a main line from the pump to the tent? Also what is your resevoir? I plan on using the bluelabs guardian to monitor the resevoir. How are you monitoring your resevoir?

2 Likes

Essentially yes haha just no clutch there so much fun.

2 Likes

I’m all about it bud.

3/4" PVC from pump into the tent. I have a threaded union for adjustability, I would add 2 more. I’d have one on every plane of pipe run. (If I were to do it again I would probably use PEX)

I monitor the levels myself and usually get the 3-4 days that my reservoir lasts to be stable enough swinging from 5.7 to 6.0 using a 20 gallon trash can. I WISH I HAD A LARGER RES.

I want too worried about it running itself completely since I’m still so hands on with my girls I’m already down there everyday making monitoring easy enough.

You’re gonna love it. :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks a ton man! I was considering pex. The union idea is great for quick breakdown if need be.
I’ll post some pics and questions once I get rolling bro :joy::call_me_hand:

Yeah I have mine in a strange spot because my basement construction isn’t complete yet and my safe is stuck next to my tent where it needed to be mounted, so I have really long runs vertical which aren’t ideal.

There can be a lot of air in the lines causing sputtering when it fires up, shorter lines will fix most of that.

Definitely assemble it so disconnecting for maintenance is easy.

2 Likes

Alright buddy this post is for you.

Here’s the way I’ve got mine running.
You’ll see here my res (black trash can) and the blue intake. Dipped the PEX in boiling water and it slid tightly onto the intake barb (left side) then it just screws on with thread tape. 3/4 PVC output (right side) with a long travel to the tent with the union. I wish I had added 2 more unions where I marked purple lines, and will add in the future.

That down tube tucked into the trash can handle is my AO filtered water line.

When it gets into the tent I dropped it with all 90°s. I wish I had used 2 45°s to tuck it closer to the side without the tent pole interfering. (Again marked in purple)

If your pot diameter is smaller than the plastic collars the easy solution is to only attach one side and let the other side overlap.

The most important thing I learned about the system is if you’re going to be running it with less than the full allowance of plants there’s an Allen set adjustment screw on the face of your pump that needs to be adjusted or the whole system will chug and intermittently turn off.

10 Likes

Invaluable information bro!:pray:
I’m using the same bags as you( 5 gallon). So the adjustment on the pump is to basically dial in the pressure for what is actually being used in the manifold? :grimacing:

2 Likes

That is exactly correct on the adjustments. These bags are 3 gallon, they’ve been great. They seem larger to me based on the amount of water they take everyday

2 Likes