Out door scrog and netting for wedding cake?

I got the seed from a jar out of my brothers stash and he had 2 different stains in the jar. So that’s why its wedding cake?. Haha but i hope it’s a female and a photo. I set up the old net cube from last year. It worked great for keeping bugs off however it delivered water droplets from the top. So i will need to take the necessary steps to not allow the moisture to build up. This net collects water from the fog in my area. Might set something up to collect fog water in the morning. Another project for another time. But i like what i got so far. The only thing i did different from last year is put a second cube inside for the scrog. This way the wind won’t push it around like last time. Let me hear it. Funky right? :smile: :rofl:

8 Likes

I like it. Especially if you got blown to Oz last grow. I will be watching your outdoor scroggin if you keep us posted. :eyes: My wife would not approve. I did a very similar looking contraption (minus the bug screen) for one of my kiwi vines to mangle. And my wife bitc*** about it for 3 years until I took it down.

Now I trained them over to my neighbors cotton wood stand and the Nw edge of my land. I can only hope the kiwis can choke out those cotton woods. Apparently kiwis can pull down a non steel cable trellis like a burly grape vine or hops vine can.

4 Likes

Maybe if you angle the roof a little the water will drain off to the side instead of onto the plant? Good luck with the grow!

2 Likes

I’ll be keeping updates on it for sure. Ya that bug net is to keep the moths or butterflies off. I’ve had caterpillar problems since i started growing. Pesky bass turds. Haha.

I can but i got all that netting glued on the pvc. Be a bit of a mess to try and alter it. But i do have clear plastic siding from an old green house. I could cut and angle a piece of it hanging in-between the two cubes. :thinking: Thank you.

4 Likes

Creative and cool

1 Like

@GrassMan420 Thanks for the idea, I like.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s a lady - nice setup.

1 Like

1 piece of tinted polycarbonate for the top from lowers and your set

1 Like

A bit of an update.
She took a little transplant shock. And being put outside during that time it took her a week to show signs of recovery. Should have taken a picture of the leaves drooping during that time. The first 3 sets of leaves were all touching soil. But i noticed in the past couple days she had perked back up and new growth was showing. Thinking about topping her in a week or so. I haven put up anything yet to catch the water dripping from the top. Been busy with other projects on the house and the plants and clones inside. And I’ve been having good weather lately so it hasn’t been a worry to get done.

2 Likes

She’s looking good, :100: I can’t wait to get mine outside, got alot of work to do to get things ready, plus the weather isn’t cooperating.

1 Like

She’s almost reached the net. I should probably top her soon.

2 Likes

Well… she grew past the trellis and i though why not top her. So i did. Brought her back about half way and she started to branch out pretty good. Idk what to do about the hole in the main stalk. I was hoping it would close up but she hasn’t. Wondering if i should plug it with a dried stem off an old plant. :thinking:. Idk. Besides that she’s doing great. The cloned top is doing well. Because it was such a large clipping it wouldn’t fit it my seedling/ cloning spot. So i put it strait into a small pot with soil and dipped her in earth juice and dusted with great white. This was 6 days ago. I know in the next 4 or 5 days she will have roots. Then gradually bring her back outdoor.

I forgot the pictures. And the bug net works.

1 Like

Been a min. I forgot about this. Not the plant but the post. Here’s a quick update. Growing strong lots of veg. I’m worried that she’s going to be a he. I got other outdoor already showing the female signs. Idk. She got big though.

1 Like

This thing was looking so good and healthy. Big branches. Big root system. But a big ole male. Haha he gone.

3 Likes

Super nice looking roots :v: