Out Door Lighting

Hello,
Just a quick question. My wife has put solar lights on the deck, small ones that sit on top of 4×4’s
How far away should my plant be so the lights will not affect it at night?

1 Like

I have a pole light in the front yard, 5 feet from garden…I just unscrewed the bulb this morning…the light at night can prevent flowers…sometimes better safe than sorry.

1 Like

She will not fold the lights stay. How far away from them do I need to be?

1 Like

As far as you can go. This last year our garden was about 20ft from a exterior shop light. Once August hit I turned the light off tell harvest. Better safe than sorry :wink:
Happy growing…

1 Like

If they arent super bright it may not be a big deal, after all do you turn the moon off? Ive grown weed in the city in my back yard… neigjbors lights, street lights, all kinds of light pollution… still harvested great buds. Its all about light threshold and the stability of the strain to not hermie.
Thankfully, Im no longer in the city and that isnt as much of a concern. Keep on mind, light pollution is a noise level, when you live in the country there is lower noise andbwhen the moon comes out the difference in intensity is much higher than the city.
So with that said, those little solar lights dont put out much… if you took a light meter and placed it close youd get maybe a couple hundred PAR and it would be almost undetectable at say 10 feet.

4 Likes

Im a indoor grower, been growing 20 years , Ive had a few successful grows outdoors, this year my grow room had to be moved and i wasn’t getting any real fresh air like my other room was so i decided to take the babies outdoors and they did so great in my garden, they started showing a couple weeks ago but I was looking how bright it was and my girl always kept the porch light on, so I started thinking about all the lights out front and where i live they put in 1000 watt led’s lights in the street lights and they light up the street like a football stadium :bangbang:lol seriously they are bright so I took the 5 ladies i have and put them outback where there is alot less light , but outback they dont get the full sun outback, so im puttin up a blacked out tarp and going put them back out front in my garden and cover at night like a light awning… They jus started to flower, and the are all Indica’s, so really wanted to know your opinion about light pollution and what im doing is the right thing, there is now direct sunlight outback but at night its darker but I can cover and them out front where they get direct sun all day it to bright at night​:bangbang:

Sounds like a good idea. I move mine away from the patio every evening.

1 Like