Out door grow. Do you use potting mix or garden soil

Nice. I’m super excited to be talking with you this grow cycle. We are all learning each and everyday. It’s the strong connection between growers that makes this industry such a beautiful this.

Thank for letting me work with you my friend.

2 Likes

I will use only this for the first month of grow. Once I transplant to the 1 gallons I will use the coco loco but will start to add my own amendments.

2 Likes

Today I’m putting my seeds to germ I may be a little late but it’s all good. It’s a long grow season. Im still trying to finish off my indoor grow. Hippie question. It’s been about two weeks and only one plant is showing signs of flowering. How long from when I change the light will this transition happen. And also my autos have been in full flower for over two months. There’s still some white hairs. That haven’t colored yet. On some of the plants. How long should I allow them to grow. Two are almost touching the light and I can raise it anymore. It’s at its max. So I took those two plant and put them in the corner so they are not right under the light.I was going to let them rock out until mid march and then cut. Let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

*Give them another week and let’s revisit this question. Sometimes things take alittle longer to transition. What is your current light schedule right now again?

*How you moved the auto to the side was what I would have done in that situation. Lets those finish off for another few weeks. Keep monitoring the ripens of the resin heads.
I first like to look at the overall ‘white hairs’ on the flower. Once’s these are starting to change color and some want sink into the flower, do to the bud swelling, I will start to look at the color of the resin head. Once the resin heads start to get about 70% cloudy I know it’s about time to chop.

Nice the tails are so long. Looking good.

I’m getting everything ready I can’t wait I have the two clones that were in my tent. When I changed the lighting schedual I took them out and put them in their own tent with a small light I have that came with the tent. I first bought when I didn’t know anything. Lol. Still don’t. Lol but I’m getting there.

The schedule I have them on is 10 on 14 off.

1 Like

Hippie I messed up I was putting back the net and two of my top stalks snapped off I’m trying to clone the break off don’t know if it will work but I’m gonna try but will they be ok even though the main stalk broke

1 Like

Oh snap <— get it :wink:
Nah you will be alright. This happens more than you know.
Are we talking about the autos that only have a few weeks left?

1 Like

No it happened to the fems. The ones in the water. I figured it would be ok but still it hurts. I’m trying to clone the branches it had on it. Still haven’t gotten that right yet. I put 8 seeds to germ. One cherry pie is fully out in two days. But no luck on the other two yet. Hooding it will pop.

1 Like

If the stem snapped on the fem, only a few weeks into flower, you should be able to clone it if you want. The plant it snapped off will be fine.

But… if by it are getting ready to start another round from seed you may want to trash the snapped section. Simply because your grow would be all over the place. The majority from seed but then one or two from clone of a different age. Idk. Sometimes it’s nice to have everything the same phase and age.

1 Like

Good day my friend. Hope everything is great. I just wanted to know if I should continue to feed the autos nutrients or should I just start to flush them out. With just plain water.

1 Like

If you are about two weeks or less use straight water. Allow the plant to utilized all the stored up nutrients it has in its reserves.

2 Likes

Hey hippie good day sir. I have a question I put my seedlings in the germination container with the T5 light so 3 of the 8 already have come out and are stretching and they do this to me every time and I’m trying to avoid it bending in half like it did to me last time. They stretch to high searching for light the T5 is to week so my question is they are tall enough to put in soil when is it that I should take them out of the germ tank and put them in there own little cup

1 Like

Can you post a photo for me when you have time?

The seedling will stretch for the first couple of days. Sometimes there is now getting around this. The T-5 is definitely not to weak at all for how small and young they are.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. Since there’s no getting around it do I keep them in there. And if so for how long before I put them in cups. The pic I took came out bad but I couldn’t get a good pic bc of all the fog and water all over the dome top. I have a small light I’m going to use in another grow tent I have when they’re ready to be taken out from under the T5. I just need to know how big I should let these babies get before taking them out from under that light. (T5)

1 Like

How long do I leave them there under the T5 before I put them in a small container before transplanting them to there forever homes.I have another tent that I’m going to put them in before they go outside.

1 Like

She fell over will she be ok should I put her in soil in a small plastic cup.or will she be ok once she build some more roots and a stronger foundation

1 Like

@Papo17 what distance is the T5 from the top of the seedlings? T5’s don’t generate much heat, and you can have them a couple inches away. That way they won’t stretch as much.
Here’s how close I have my T5 to clones and/or seedlings…

2 Likes

I have it where it goes on top of the dome.I don’t have another dime shorter in height so my question is should I put her in soil in a cup and put them under the t5

I would. Also bury them to just below the leaves so she doesn’t bend as much. Sometimes I have to raise mine on blocks of wood or yogurt cups to get them within a couple inches of the light.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s exactly what I was thinking about doing especially the part about putting them up higher. Gonna find something to put underneath them.thanks

1 Like