Other Fertilizer?

Reading the feeding schedule using Bergmann’s and it states:
“Use in combination with the other Bergman’s Plant Food fertilizers for optimal results”. What exactly does this mean? Can I or should I keep using my Foxfarm product with it? Wouldn’t I be over waterig?

2 Likes

You need to be careful about mixing different manufacturer’s nutrient lines as they aren’t really designed to be used like that. Normally you have ‘base nutes’ that will grow cannabis and additional supplements to improve on that. Things like Humic acid, silica, cal mag etc. and you can use from any maker but getting it to buffer at the right PH can be a big deal.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve decided to just stick with Bergmann’s and not use the other. Just checked the pH in our water and it was Way too low so once I adjusted it I added the Grow time Fertilizer. I’m still learning as this is Real 2nd time growing :grin::sunglasses::pray:

2 Likes

Check your PH after nutes: that’s the time to do it. Also; if you haven’t yet, get a decent PH meter and TDS meter as you will use those tools more than any other. Apera makes a decent unit but expect to pay $0 to $80 for a medium-decent PH meter. TDS meters are easier to make so $15 meter is fine.

2 Likes

After nutes? I’m really ignorant. I thought nutes where in potting soil like MG?? Oh boy, I’m confused, LoL… I’m going to do more research. Thanks so much

1 Like

Whatever you add to your water needs to be PH’d before it’s poured into your soil. A TDS meter is used to determine if and when it’s necessary to feed. A good PH meter tells you it’s in a range that is soluble to the plant.

1 Like

Are you using Miracle Grow. I’ve seen people say they have been able to grow in MG. But I’ve seen more that have had issues like plants getting nutrient burn. MG has time released nutrients so every time you water it releases more nutrients even if your plants don’t need it.

I am a new grower as well. I bought an Apera meter that works very well. First thing I leaned, before ever reading it here, was that the fertilizer in the water dropped the PH in the water drastically. Our tap water runs 8-8.3 PH. and will drop down to around 6.8 after adding the fertilizer. . I don’t have a TDS meter yet, something else to learn, lol.