OSG's Super Skunk from ILGM

Exactly!!! One of my friends does not get it, he uses gear like there are only 40lb fish out there, wayyy too heavy, where’s the fun in that, unless one has to put food on the table I cant justify it.

I see fresh bait. Give em- here. Was born n Zanesville had a house on the Muskingum River. I know all about Ohio lakes. Peidmont is a good lake for big cats.

2 Likes

I just took my son out fishing for the first time on Pymatuning lake this summer. Beautiful day but we didn’t catch one fish haha

1 Like

Thats awesome! Love the setting and the young 'un. Dont know my freshwater fish but is that a crappie or a bluegill?

1 Like

Fishing. The one thing that can loosen you up for a relaxing day or night.

1 Like

Yeah I always took the kids fishing.

2 Likes

Truer words were never spoken.
Once winter sets in everything dries up till spring, but I really enjoy walking the beach and just get into casting, always thinking there might be a rouge holdout that will surprise me,…Hasnt happened! LOL

Technically a sun fish, pretty much the same as a Blue Gill
Here’s a crappie

I got a fish Ohio pin for that sunfish.

3 Likes

Even when I catch nothing, I’m relaxing and happy. Cat fishing the Ohio River out of Portsmouth is a yearly spring thing for me. I’m not much on eating the cats but the channel cats are sure fun to catch.

2 Likes

Got cha. They all look like fun!

1 Like

I’ve caught a 19" crappie out of Shenanango lake. Had a favorite spot there for years hole that had 15" crappie in it every year.

2 Likes

Channels, Blue Cats and sShovelheads (Flatheads)__

1 Like

This past year because of Shenango lake being contaminated they advised people not to eat anything that they caught out of it.

Holy Crappie! I didnt know they got anywhere near that big, thats incredible! What’s the world Record for Crappie?

Gotta get a cup o joe and do the leaf blowing thing, which sucks!
I’ll catch up w/you guys later.

Unfortunately that happens a lot these days. Was that an isolated thing or is it ongoing?

1 Like

I’m not sure we’ll probably find out at the beginning of spring if the water safe now.

Been about 16 years that I fished it. Nice to see some people from the old area. A big how-to to ya’ mssels

1 Like

Yes it is good to see people from the area. And a big how to do to you too :grin:

Out of likes but a big for all of you. image

3 Likes

I’ll bring the smoke , someone bring the beer and vodka a camp fire and we could sit a spell.

2 Likes