Organics with the Hippie

Man, I tell ya, I’d be employee of the month, every month. I love the grow, even the challenges. If they would just lift the red tape here.

1 Like

Shit man you would think. It’s crazy. The cannabis industry definitely draws in a wide range of folk. Some not so strong in the work ethic area to say the least.

2 Likes

Ya you learn quick it’s not just planting seeds in dirt.

2 Likes

Thats awsome :grinning:

1 Like

Now that we have pressed all our bubble twice it’s now time to make the Temple Ball. At this time I take the pressed product and toss it into the freezer for about five minutes. This will allow me to remove it from the turkey bag a lot easier.

When removing the bubble from the cold turkey bag you will notice that some has stuck to the bag. I like to take a smaller flat piece and use it to collect the scrap. Simply press the product to the scrap price and it will stick to it.

Today I will be working about five ounces of product. Notice how when the bubble warms up slightly due to the temperature in the room it melts into one another. This is a great sign of quality.

Once all the product is set out and ready to be worked its times to weigh out the amount you want to make into a Temple Ball. I like to shoot for 3 grams. (3-3.30g) This is a good amount to roll and stores real good.
(The rolled balls on the scale are from a previous demo week with a friend)

Ok so you might think this is over kill. Ya I guess it kinda is but damn I like to smoke. Plus I tend to give a lot of them away. Lol

This next step requires the clear half gallon bottle filled with boiling water. This will be used to place your hands one while pressing the product by hand. The extra heat allows the resin to melt into one another alittle easier.
You will also need food greasy cellophane. This will be used to wrapped the finished Temple Ball in. Keeping out any unnecessary oxygen and allowing the resin to cure over time.

Place your hands one the side of the bottle. Allowing them to warm. Next take a pre wigged pile of bubble and set it in your palm while pressing it together with the opposite thumb. You should be able to feel the resin warming.
Repeat this process using your palms and thumbs to press the mass of resin into a ball shape.

The product now should be in a pressed ball. (This step should take about 5-8 minutes. You don’t want to see any cracks.) Next we warm the palms of both hands and start the very import palm rolling.

On will notice the ball is starting to really take shape. Smoothing out all imperfections ect. I like to repeat this step about three time. You want to achieve a nice glossing appearance. This is a 1/16 layer of resin glands acting as a shell. This will allow the Temple Ball to cure over time.

Once you feel comfortable that you have got the appearance and texture you want it’s time to wrap it in the cellophane. This works great as it provides 100% protection from putter elements.

And there you have it. A brief run down from the hippie start to finish. From washing the product —> pressing —> rolling the Temple Ball. If any one ever wants to dig alittle deeper I would be more than happy to lend a hand.
You are all amazing and thanx for hashing along. ;).

8 Likes

Excellent excellent
Thanks great explanation.

Does it make a difference if dry sieved kief is used rather than bubble hash?

You definitely can! An easy way to tell the quantity of kief by placing it in the palm of your left hand. About a half gram. With your right hand use your thumb to pet slight pressure in the cupped kief. Slowing messaging it together. The heat from your hands should be plenty warm enough to allow the resin the melt into one another.
If it clumps together that’s good. If it stays in a powder, we’ll maybe use it to infuse some doobs. :wink:

Testing product like this is a good start but not always necessary. Sometimes you can simply look and smell the product and realize the quality pretty accurately.

I use to take kief and put it in the cellophane from a cigarette pack and make a small brick shape. About 7+ grams. I would then wrap news paper around the outside of the packaged kief. Next I would run it under cold water. Lol I know right. Alittle goofy!
I would toss this little kiefed wet news paper package in the over at 200F for about 20 minutes. This allowed the kief to warm and become playable. (The wet newspaper stoops the cellophane from melting)

As soon as I took them out I would use a rolling pin and roll the shit out of them. Honestly it resulted in some pretty solid little kief hash slabs. Not the worlds best but heck it was killer in high school.

3 Likes

Anybody ever use candle warmer or vegetable dehydrator for decarbonization?

Packaged and ready to cure. I try to keep a ball or two (or 30) from every run, strain or blend. Each one has their own unique taste, smell and effect. The MAC Stomper and Cookie Kush have cured real nice. The smoke is one of the smoothest I’ve tried over the years.
I’m pretty excited to try the MAC Point from these last runs. I’m going to wait about four months before I really dive in and scope out the flavor. Give that resin time to do its thing.

I also find it super interesting to see the progression over the years. Not only in the way that the resin cures but in my own knowledge and style. Although sometimes I think I’m doing something 100% the same as the years before I sometimes come to find out I have slightly modified it, without intending to. Good or bad it is what it is.

Happy New Years farmers. You all are amazing.
Happy farming…

7 Likes

This clumped on its own, discoverd during “mold inspection”. 20 grams stored at 60%RH .
Newbie (me), never seen such stuff, from my grow!

3 Likes

Back at you and you ROCK! thanks for your forum contributing.
Grasshopper, I am, and with your guidance, HP-HR1, I will grow. Thanks.

Yes sometimes that will happen on its own. We have a large industrial grinder on the farm. Sometimes huge chunks of finely ground power comes out of the bottom (It’s like a mystery lol) all clumped together like that. Completely different than kief.

Try taking some of that apart and doing the palm test? See what happens. Dose it start to melt together after a while?

1 Like

Previously, I tried heating some in a jar, on a candle warmer. Wasn’t sure how to qualify results.
Tonight, as asked, I tried the palm-roll-routine. Possibly or probably should have worn gloves.
When rolling in palm, the dry powdery material starts to form in clump and shapes. When trying to roll, round ball in palm for tighter ball, it falls apart. Questionable quality/age material used, so no loss, and now being compressed into puck. No residue on fingers, currently. Will try again next tomorrow when tapping “new” fresh cure keife from fresh jar. Almost like assigned homework (USN Millington year school, AT-AVI-C7, assigned 4 hours daily and 12 on weekends). Thanks.

1 Like

It comes together nicely. After a little while it looks like a dried raisin without the wrinkles.

2 Likes

I want to intern, but the commute prevents that plan.

2 Likes

I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying some sticky sticky buds. The outdoor season is just around the corner. That means it’s about time to pop some seeds. Oh ya… I’m the mean time I think I will whoop together a few hundred running caps.

I love to run. That’s a fact! I love to smoke. Also a fact! But putting those things together sometimes can be a real pain. I can puff tough before a run but after 20 minutes it’s gone. I can try to muster down a gummy but heck, those are full of sugar and sometimes hard to chew while smashing out the miles.

So…. Ima infuse the fish oil with cannabis. Then fill gel caps with fish oil mostly, adding some trace minerals and peppermint. The end result will be a little taste of heaven in seconds.

*The fish oil will help inflammation and support joint function.
*Cannabis because I love weed.
*TMSport. Helps prevent muscle cramps high in magnesium, chloride, sodium and potassium.
*Pepperment to help with nausea from hrs of running.

4 Likes

What kind of offseason running can you do? If any?

Do tell what events you have planned for 2023?

Running caps, :man_running:. Just another layer peeled back, you display so much knowledge, and share the wealth.
We have some big flakes dropping right now. You don’t see much snow cen. Tx.

Someday, our cups runneth over, we would love to attempt those, :grinning:

2 Likes

The training never stop. Well kinda around October and November. Kinda get backed up with harvest. Lol.

6 Likes

I stick with power walking nowadays, I used to love running, and I am most grateful it was a habit for many years. I can still puff the vaporizer as I power walk :dash::partying_face::rainbow:

I take Herb Pharm feverfew that comes in a similar bottle…

I am excited to grow another Mary Jane outdoor garden in 2023!

3 Likes