Organic with the Hippie

This past season was an alright turn out. Plants ended the season healthy, happy and with alittle wight. Sadly we were restricted to a tiny 10ftx12ft section in the back of our vegetable garden but tried to make the best of it. Staying within the states legal limit we grew three Gorilla Glues and one Elusive Soda. On average the GG rewarded us with over 1lbs of grade A flower per plant and 66.56 grams of bubble hash for all three. I will make a quick tutorial over the next few days. The Elusive Soda produced 1.53lbs of grade A flower and roughly 7 grams of bubble. Not bad for the size of the growing area and being our first grow in the area. I’m not a fan of stressing the plants alot so topping and FIM is just not my style. I prefer to stick with a ton of LST.
Container size: We used 50 gallon smart pots.
Soil: Rocket Fuel by Rouge soil.
Nutrients: Pacific Gro Fish and Crab and Organic tea recipe.
Pest control: 6,000 lady bugs. 1 mantis.

Well… we need more room! Way more room. I will be starting on a new garden area for next summer. The rough plans are 16ftx32ft. No vegetables in this area just the laddies. I’m currently working on fabricating wooden panels in the shop over this next winter. Once they are fabricated I will bring them to the area and bolt them together. My idea is to have a large clean area dedicated to the grow. We still plan on growing four plants unless my wife gets her medical card then we might bumb it up a bit. I will be laying gravel down for drainage and also ceder bark chips for a natural bug repellent. The new location will get 6+hrs more sunlight than this past year. Heck ya! I should even be able to walk around each plants. :slight_smile:
I’m aiming to have the laddies in there new home by June 1st 2021. We will stick to our Organic style as I feel the flavor, test, aroma and appearance is untouched. I’n very interested in learning more about high yield flavorful strains. Such as the original Blueberry, Skunk #1 or some old school Grapefruit. If we stick with four plants we will switch to 100 gallon grow bags. If we decide to grow 8-11 plants we will stay with the 50 gallon bags. Its a cost thing for us.
I will do my best to keep this journal up to date. Ideas, thoughts, tips, tricks, jokes. :wink: This is going to be a long 365 days but is will surly be worth it. Grow big or go home, right?
Happy growing…

36 Likes

Rough plans for the panels. Wire will be attched to each. I will post a photo of the area this afternoon.

13 Likes

I have decided that half our grow next summer will be a strain called Purple Dream. It’s a 60 indica 40 sativa blend. Grandady Purple X Blue Dream. Coming from seed I’m super excited for this one.

10 Likes

@Axemanjake23 @beardless @kdawg @LuDog @Nicky @Tbone-57 @BigHuff2316 @Bubbakush1 @Joshmcginnis28 @Dirt

1 Like

@dbrn32 @merlin44 @anon47338222 @kellydans @Axemanjake23 @Libertyleaf @thedeernad @patchman @BrokenHippy @Thumper

6 Likes

@stlleaf @MntMadness @thecount13 @Hellraiser @OlyBoy98503

1 Like

I will follow for sure. Thanks for tagging me!!

3 Likes

I am here. Heck ya. I am in

3 Likes

The 2020 grow season is officially over for us. Finished up processing all the trim a few weeks back. One batch of butter for a friend along with eight batches of bubble hash. We have found in the past that one large ziplock, roughly 140-168 grams, of trim works great for a single run in the bags. We wash each batch twice using about 20lbs of ice. The photo shows a 5 gallon bucket with the material settled in the bottom. This is before it has been ran threw the screens.
I know there are new extraction techniques out there that would allow us to passably obtain more product but I honestly enjoy the process and the fact that there were no chemicals used. I never weighed our last two batches but would estimate we got about 80ish grams total. Heavy in the 72 micron bag :wink:

11 Likes

Thanks for the tag ! both of those strains on my bucket list. Set to watch.

3 Likes

A weekend of quick updates. I have finished upgrading our reservoirs fir next summer. The new tea brewer is complete. Moving from four 5 gal buckets to one large 55 gallon drum. I installed a hose drain on the bottom for easy filling of buckets. We are using the same air pump as before but setting them all in the same drum rather them one per 5 gal bucket. This will stickily be used for tea only. I created a second 55 gal drum, same as this one but without the air pumps, for our fish/crab solution. Having two will allow us to brew our tea while still having the option the feed the fish/crab.

We have also upgraded our fresh water reservoirs from a 50 gal drum to a 275 gal tote tank. This will be position on the exterior backside of the new garden area. My thoughts are to set it off the ground about 2-3ft. This will allow me to gravity feed the garden with perfectly adjusted PH water even if the power goes out. Increasing all reservoirs will hopefully cut down on some watering time.

18 Likes

Looks good hippie, man I was going through a picture thread someplace and I can’t relocate this dang thread for nothing BUT this guy was growing the most beautiful colored plants was pinkish/ purple was beautiful. If I ever run into this thread here again I’m buying what ever that was. :thinking:
You brought up purple dream made me think of that. I’ll have to look that one up and see…

5 Likes

Thanx @anon47338222. We just got our seed order for next year. 18 feminized Purple Dream from GreenPoint. The finished product sounds like it could be super funky good. Once April/May rolls around we are still going to talk with a local breeder to see what he has. He had an amazing Elusive Soda this past year that turned out to be a great producer.

8 Likes

@Some1Guy Pacific NW here :wink:

2 Likes

@anon86641082 loving all the new tanks and thought put into to gravity assist fresh water giant tank…setting to watch!!

I love me some blue dream :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: so I can’t wait to see how this grow turns out!

4 Likes

Great setup Hippie!!!
I will be following that next year!!! Peace…

3 Likes

Cant wait to see next round. Thanks for the tag!

2 Likes

Because of elevation changes I had to make the insert panels a little differently in order for the tops to be on the same plane.

11 Likes

@beardless That looks great! I like how you used the bark chips. I also like how you kept the basic design of your fencing open for maximum air flow and light penetration. Very well kept clean garden. :slight_smile: What are the dimensions of the panels?
One problem we have is that we will be constructing the new garden area directly on top of multiple lava veins/flows. Virtually impossible for me to dig any holes to set posts. I’m planning on fabricating the panels in the shop over winter than bolting them together once the snow melts. Probably going to use alittle somethin for your design.

4 Likes

@beardless what a beautiful garden :heart_eyes:

3 Likes