Organic Up and Down options?

When growing all organically, what pH up and down options are there as to NOT mess with all my microbial friends living in my soil? What do y’all use to pH your water with?

1 Like

Can I still use this? Will it hurt my living soil? Thanks.

This is pH down a old time organic grower swears by this I’ve been using it for a while has molasses in it great for the microbes I was told

4 Likes

The water coming from my tap (city) has been as high as the mid 9’s before. The rain water I collected yesterday was 7.6. I’ve always adjusted the water I give my girls to 6.4 - 6.5. Anything in between that and I’ve never had a pH issue.

Safer-Gro has been around a long time. I’m going to look into that. Thanks!

@av8ersteve that stuff real strong to so a little does it at a time

1 Like

Useing organic it will usually fix it self alot growers will flip out when something goes little off and then panic and start giving it different nutrients try to fix and then throws everything off it takes little longer then growing in other mediums or hydro

2 Likes

pH down - Vinegar or citric acid
pH up - Down to Earth OMRI Organic Solution Grade Calcium 96 or finely screened limestone

1 Like

Let the city water sit out in a 5 gallon bucket for 24 hrs. If you have an air stone use it to bubble the water.
Truly no need to adjust ph when growing 100% organically. Not to say you ‘can’t’ adjust it if you want to.
I would see what nutrition you will be using. *fish/crab/shrimp.
*molasses.
*kelp.
*bat guano
Do these increase or lower your waters ph. Take note of these things and use them to your advantage. If you find the kelp lowers your ph slightly then use it to your advantage. If the fish solution increases the ph of the water then note it and use it to your advantage.

Growers need note books. Prime example.
Happy growing…

2 Likes