Organic soil grows with shindig153

Life is beautiful my friend and I’m beginning to see the sun shining again. I hope your world is green, thank you for your thoughts :v:

2 Likes

man i am so sorry about the bugs. i freaking hate that.

1 Like

No big deal. I’m keeping them under control. Growing with a living soil I’m learning to embrace that bugs are a natural part of the process.

4 Likes

Made another batch of gummies last night and sampled them. I used 150 gummy bears like the recipe calls for. Just one is a much better dose than the first batch.

9 Likes

Weekly update.

All are doing great and starting to bulk up.

Lsd

Northern lights auto

Gorilla glue

Sour d

Gelato

Purple Punch

Northern lights should be finishing up over the next couple of weeks. Also looked up Purple Punch which has a fast flowering period. That could explain why she looks farther along than the others. 50 to 60 days.

8 Likes

8 Likes

After dealing with gnats last time,
I can’t rate predators highly enough. You are an excellent cultivator and teacher, those bugs are dust… :v:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. It’s much appreciated.

Just trying to give back what people here have taught me over the last couple of years. I love feeling like we’re all in this together.

4 Likes

Me to my friend :green_heart:

2 Likes

Pretty colours. I love lollies

1 Like

Really beautiful plants shindig
Well done.

1 Like

Potted the new plants today in ten gallon pots. The mix is 1/3 digested manure, chicken compost and old soil. I added green sand for silica and rhizo mix for the beneficial critters, hardwood char charged with uric acid. I peed on them🙂. I picked stinging nettle, hair vetch and buckwheat wheat stalks to use as my compost layer. Then covered with soil.

Stinging nettle

Hairy vetch

Soviet skittles

Sugar Black Rose

7 Likes

Looks good. I need another tent so I can go perpetual.

1 Like

Almost forgot the Sour d clone. She is ready to move to the flower tent when a spot opens up. I don’t mind vegging for a little while longer. I cropped the branches to spread her out a bit.

6 Likes

Hi shindig so how deep do you have this layer of green mulch of nettle etc.?

1 Like

Green layer is about 2.5 cm under the surface.

1 Like

Have you always started your seedings in there final bags this way and what are the benefits of the layer of green mulch to the seedlings as they grow.
Nitrogen?
I usually do a similar process with my potatoes when im planting them out using comfrey leaves.
Also know kitchen wastes can be processed straight into the earth were one intends to grow plants veggie at a later date.
Keen to learn ideas growing organically

2 Likes

I don’t grow directly in the compost pile. I grow around the compost pile. Compost is normally hot to plant in. The green layer is for the worms. Hair vetch adds nitrogen, buckwheat for phosphorus and stinging nettle for several reason. Nettle is high in vitamins and minerals. Also contains silica and helps aide in the plants overall health.

3 Likes

The new ladies are looking good today.

I’m using a hemp mat to cover the soil. It’s for growing micro greens. My neighbor has been doing it for a while and there is a lot of fine hair roots under it. This also allows me to top dress with no issues. Also it should help keep the bug population at bay.

4 Likes

I’ll be ordering more for the rest of the plants.

1 Like