Organic soil grows with shindig153

So, I moved out the tomatos and mixed lettuce to make room for my ladies to take over. I added a second bestva 1200 watt reflector series to bump up draw from the wall to 512. Seems like the second light is much brighter than the first. I read in reviews there is a difference in brightness between the generations of lights. I also added a small fan to help exhaust some of the humidity.

Each plant now has a light all it’s own. I decided to supercrop the bubblegum plant at the same time and crop the other branches. We’ll see how that turns out.

4 Likes

Since I added the second light these two ladies are growing like crazy. It took me a few days to dial in the tent’s temp and humidity. I’ve been training the branches every couple of days to help them stretch out to expose the lower bud sites. I’d rather have a lot of nice sized nuggets as opposed a few long colas.

First is Bubblegum. She’s really put on some size since the new light is directly on her. I’ll be flipping to 12 12 on Tuesday. That will make bubblegum five weeks old.

Gold leaf is still growing well and getting really big. She will be almost seven weeks when I flip the lights.

I’m trying my hand at cloning. I took two from bubblegum and one gold leaf. Also took 10 cuttings from my tomatos. They are now in the humdity dome.

9 Likes

Hey mate it seems I didn’t get your message notifications come through. Great to hear you like my little trick, it’s worked beautifully for me

:brain: :kaaba:

1 Like

It will reduce the efficiency of the nebuliser and void your warranty!! you should always empty the tank when not in use, even when skipping use for a day.It will also reduce the life of the filter, they dont recommend additives because they are dispersed into the air and you breath them in.

Dispersing additives, in my case worm casting tea, is the purpose of using the humidifier as a method to foliar feed my plants. Works pretty good. Everything is well filtered.

2 Likes

Yes well filtered but you are still breathing in the minerals which can be detrimental to some peoples health.
Especially when guys are recommending it on here not knowing the possible health problems of the people who may use this method, or if they have a predisposed lung health problem, breathing this into your lungs will not help.
But if thats what you like to do, do it…just letting you know the negative health risks, and whoever is recommending it to others are leaving them selves open if someone gets a lung problem because of it.
People seem not to bother that much what they breath in if they cannot see it.

Its not what your doing! its what your advising others to do. and yes they do recommend to wear glasses with certain types of light, and to wear gloves with certain liquids but most of it is common sense, like you always wear a welding helmet when welding, some cut corners when tack welding and get a flash, some wear masks when welding or sanding some dont, your health may be fine now and you feel indestructable, then you get sick and everything changes.
Once you recommend something that the manufacturer does not you leave yourself open especialy when it comes to health @shindig153

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

But this is a forum for advice!!

Let’s just leave it mate, honestly what’s the point :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Someones health is the point!!!

Point taken @Hungrybud. Moving on please!

1 Like

Lol sorry @shindig153 I was typing and you must have got this in before me

Now you are being smart Greencoat :-1:

1 Like

There you go accusation of arguing, when all i am doing is trying to prevent a possible health implication, you dont ever have to make me happy, just be responsible with your comments, just contacted one of the biggest humidifier manufacturers, he advises never to add anything to the water, as it is a hygiene issue and could lead to health implications.

Ok @Hungrybud I’ll take all you have said on board… we good?

:handshake:

1 Like

yeh we’re ok

1 Like

So the last week in veg is behind me. Lights will be flipped tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll go lights out for twenty four hours and then run my lights at night time. The days are getting warmer here so temps are a concern. I’ll be harvesting in June so it’s likely to get pretty hot out. I’ll be putting a big bucket of water in the freezer to use in the tent to help cool it down if need be.

Here are my girls.
Bubblegum first. Gold leaf second.

A note to @Hungrybud and anyone else following. I do not recommend using worm casting tea to anyone. There isn’t enough evidence to justify the use and could cause health problems. What I choose to do is on me. I will leave that out of future grows journals. I have also stopped using casting tea to humidify with. I’m heading into flower.

But I can’t help myself. I will let the evidence speak for itself. Here is the difference between my current and last Gold leaf.

Here’s my current grow at five weeks old with casting tea.

Here is my last Gold leaf at five weeks old. Both were set up the exact same way minus the use of tea. Bottom left.

Maybe I’ve just gotten that much better at growing? Could be. Regardless I’m looking forward to see what my ladies will do in flower.

5 Likes

So you won’t use castings tea to water the soil? I can understand about the humidifier but is there really an issue with watering the soil?

2 Likes

I’ve only used worm casting tea in the soil once so far and will again about a week into the stretch to give them a little extra energy for the push to grow flowers. I probably don’t need to with the use of super soil but it won’t hurt anything. It’s a mild in strength tea so no huge amount of nutrients go in.
I’m still working out my method to grow with spersoil. It really is great stuff.

4 Likes