Organic soil grows with shindig153

I’m glad Miley’s doing better!!! :pray: And your grow is amazing as usual!!! :sunglasses::+1::+1::+1::+1::v::call_me_hand:
And I got Monkeys :monkey: undies!! But I’ll hit cha back! :wink:

2 Likes

Did you enquire about cbd at your last visit in regards to helping her recovery? @shindig153
Great to hear she progressing as well as can be.
Cheers

4 Likes

I want some they look amazing @shindig153

1 Like

Excellent news about Miley,
You and Mrs Shindig finally might be able to get some well deserved rest, who knows my friend if pt goes well, our little Angel may one day sleep through the night peacefully :crossed_fingers:
Your grow looks as delicious as your gummies my friend.

4 Likes

I want to know how you make them step by step.
I love gummy bears.
Such fantastic colors all coated in sugary frost just like your buds.
@shindig153

3 Likes

For the tincture I refer you to Blackthumbbettt’s edibles journal.

The gummy bears are simple once you have your tincture made. I use 190 proof grain alcohol to make mine. Also you’ll want to soak your buds in distilled water making sure to change the water regularly. If you scroll up post 1029 I go through a water cure. You’re basically doing the same thing. That cleans the bud and takes away the smell and taste in the final product. I used a 14 grams of bud to 250 ml of alcohol to make the tincture. The alcohol should be as cold as you can get it.

I used about 250 ml of sugar and 125 ml of tincture. Mix together and allow it to evaporate off. Infused sugar. I buy gummy bears and use 250 pieces to 125 ml of tincture. Allow the tincture to evaporate almost completely. You’ll have to stir it regularly because the gummies will stick together. It also coats the gummies evenly. Once there is just enough tincture left to coat the bears with nothing left in the container it’s time to break out the sugar. I use parchment paper and cover it with infused sugar. Dump in the gummies and stir around until they are coated. Allow the remaining alcohol off and you’re in business.

These are the most potent bears I’ve made. My beginning batches were quite a bit less potent because I didn’t want to over do it. Never fun eating too much of an edible. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

So over the weekend I was a little frustrated with my Sour d. Almost to week 10 and pushing the final pistol and yet again she started to hermie. Been scratching my head trying to figure out why. This is the only plant that hermied

2 Likes

Woops didn’t mean to post yet. So to continue, I thought it was a light leak but this is mom and clone both behaving the same way. I then wonder if my lights are dial up too much and caused stress and eventually hermie. Tested my lux and it is at 20000 give or take a little. I’m thinking next time I grow sour d I’ll dial down the lights a little towards the end of flower to see if that makes a difference.

Here she is hanging out.

8 Likes

I was looking over my veg tent and noticed roots hanging out the bottom of my 10 gallon fabric pot. I’ve never experienced that before. Red Dragon seems to take her sweet time growing tall but one things for sure is she has some happy roots.

10 Likes

Hump day update for the veg tent.

Up first is red dragon. I pinched the big fans to get more light to the lower branches. She hasn’t grown much but she has some serious roots.

Next is Crystal. She is a strong grower. Also pinched the big fans for lower branch exposure.

Sugar Black :rose: clone seems to have topped herself and is shooting branches everywhere.

The Laughing Buddha clone was potted up to a 1/2 gallon pot until I can move a couple plants to the flower tent. I think a bigger veg tent is in my future.

7 Likes

If that red dragon pot doesn’t scream organic with all that extra growth idk what does lol

Looks good man!

1 Like

Hope to have all my pots looking like that soon. Still trying to eradicate the last of the thrips. Figured the extra green would attract them to that pot and tell me if I still had them. I did kill an adult thrip yesterday so seems like my plan is working. No sign of any larvae as of yet. Knock on wood, my flower tent is clear. No sightings in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

After going nuts with captain Jack’s dead bug for a few weeks. It did really well and stopped but used sticky traps. In a week I was amazed how many were on those !
Hope they are all eradicated real soon!

3 Likes

Don’t know if I can be any help as this looks to be a older grow, but for future reference…natural essential oils such as peppermint, rosemary, and neem oils are great foliage sprays to make yourself. So you don’t damage your leaves from applying, apply 5 min before your lights go off, start in veg with the applications, and no more than once every every week or once every two weeks. And always remember IPM is a preventative measure…meaning it has to be Integrated; hence Integrated Pest Management. I do not recommend using the spray in the flowering stage. Silica can be applied in as a top dressing, which is very helpful and can be used from first week of veg to harvest. Diatomaceous is the true shit, but I do believe even the organic ones will kill the beneficial bugs, but it truly will kill your problem in 48 hours, and when applying that as a top dressing, use a sifter. Peace

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @im420 thanks for your knowledge on essential oils

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Im420 glad to have here,

2 Likes

Thank you, great to be here

2 Likes

Yes, welcome. Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Update on the flower tent.

All is going well in the flower tent. It does look empty with a plant missing.

Soviet Skittles week 7. Doing great. Fall colors are shining through. She getting nice and frosty.

Sugar Black :rose: is still doing good and bulking up. Moving on to week 4. Still can get over how frosty she is.

14 Likes

Very nice indeed sir. Beautiful ladies. :+1:
:v::pray:

5 Likes