Organic soil grows with shindig153

Hmmmm our little furry friends love getting upto mischief. My kitten ate half of a seedling on my first grow, this morning I found her curled up around my clones under the warmth of the T5 lights lol.

2 Likes

Got to love our pets! They can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

1 Like

Weekly update:
Starting week two of flower.
Both plants are doing great. Bubblegum is still stretching a little this week. Both are starting to bud nicely.

Bubblegum

Gold Leaf

4 Likes

Mixed up a new batch of super soil last evening.

4 Likes

What recipe do you use @shindig153

Courtesy of @garrigan62

7 Likes

Wished I could say that!

4 Likes

My clones also looking very sad :frowning: i doubt they’ll be alive when I get back from holiday in a fortnight

You’ll get there. I’m on my fifth grow and just starting. I’ve had plenty of time to research and watch people do it here.

2 Likes

So a little over two years?

1 Like

If you have an Aloe Vera plant cut off a leaf from it and squeeze the jelly from the center into some water mix it up and water the clones with it.
If clones are in a clone bucket where you have access to the roots/lower stem you can use the Aloe cutting and stick the clone bottom stem into the Aloe leaf center and get the jelly all over where the roots should be growing.
This helped save 2 of my clones that otherwise wouldn’t have made it.
I ended up removing the 2 clones with virtually no roots after 2 weeks in clone bucket and put them in soil as they were definitely not gonna survive any longer in the bucket…used aloe when doing so as well

3 Likes

I used the root it sponges with root it cloning gel, soaked the sponges in diluted superthrive, Iv had them under t5 lights 24/7 for 3 days in red cups with domes over, moved them into my veg tent now to see if they do any better in there with their parents. They are all the tops of the parent plants but I have brown crinkling on the leaves now :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly two years.

It took them about 2 1/2 weeks before they were transplanted. I used clonex and rapid rooters.

1 Like

Man, two years 4 gross and now on the fifth, that is how I figure it. Grow, harvest and cure, at.least 6 months, maybe even 7 or 8?

I do short veg times 5 to 6 weeks. My last grow was 14 weeks start to finish. I plant only photos indoor because I feel I can grow them just as quick as an auto, get a bigger yield and get to train my plants without adverse affects. I save autos for an early outdoor summer harvest.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you on photos verses Autos and what abilities they provide.

I was just saying something today on my journal about the same thing.

The photos give way more control over yield. Or at least it seems that way from my perspective.

My first inside was autos. Next grow is now started getting ready to be moved in when these ladies I got now out.

Here they are canna haze photos.

2 Likes

Good luck on your photo grow. If you start a new journal give me a tag so I can follow along.

In my limited experience I’d agree. I have seen some people here pull some nice weight with their autos.

I’ll tag ya, I am not sure if I will do a new one yet.

Got two going outside and 4 to the tent!

And maybe another tent?

1 Like

You sound like you’ve caught the growing marijuana bug. I’m right there with you.