Organic pest control

Continuing the discussion from Bugs on my girls:

This is what I am going to do. I am going to get me a praying Mantis. Maybe a couple of them and put them in my tent. In the summer time I had a lot of Daddy Long legs that showed up on my plants, out side didn’t even have to buy them. When the tough things happen, the tough get going!!!download @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @fano_man @MattyBear @Drinkslinger

4 Likes

Indoors you have to worry about insects flying up into the light and killing themselves FYI.

3 Likes

I was thinking of getting a venus fly trap and leaving it in my grow room.

2 Likes

Ladybugs are good little pest eliminators as well

3 Likes

Ladybugs are good, but they’re lazy. They will not clear up an entire aphid infestation. They may greatly reduce it, but it’s like they know that eating all the aphids will leave them no more food.

4 Likes

Lady bug larvae are ferocious but when they get older they don’t eat as much as there metabolism slows down therefore you have to buy more of them to get the same results. I always have a lot of lady bugs in both my rooms plus added lacewings. Yellow and blue sticky traps work wonderful :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

I heard mantis are good for a prevention tactic and ladybugs are better to clean or help clear an infestation or keep them at bay I can’t really comment on first hand … what I can say a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of solution solve the problem easy before it happens …DE diatomaceous earth is a good prevention I am not the best person to talk to about bugs as I can’t seem to prevent them all though I live in the bug Capitol in south Florida the climate is always bug friendly and they alllll love it and thrive here anytime of the year…
I’ve had
Root aphids
Green aphids
White fly
Spidermites
Thrips
fungus gnats…
God that’s depressing remember my loosijg battle to spidermites and empty ass grow room to boot… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I think the praying mantises just clinge to the plant and eat Plus my clones are going to have led lights, they don’t have much heat. Going to try it anyways got the yellow stickers hanging in my clean sanitize. tent it’s 8 by 4 by 8 so they will have room.

1 Like

Let me know how that works out for you if it does I’ll get some as well… I bought lacewings but when they get older they don’t eat other bugs they suck on flower pollen so they die off if they have nothing to live off of so wondering what one has to do to keep them living…:thinking::man_shrugging:

I will, I noticed on Amazon they also sell eggs if you need a whole bunch of praying mantises I’m not sure how many minutes is can handle 7 plants