Oregon Diesel vs Cali Diesel: Showdown

Smoke report on a 3 day jar cure, 2 week whole plant dry at 68 F 65% RH. Yes 3 day cure, I had to test a baby bud.
The flavor seems amazingly good for my first organic run, compared to my synthetic grow I’m very impressed with organics and relying on bacteria and fungi with soil to produce nutrients. The high was great on Just a small bowl, it got stronger as time went on and peaked 30 minutes in with a long lasting clear headed high. I attribute this to the THCV that is said to be produced by oregon diesel.
I will say I am disappointed I did not top humboldt diesel as it produced some seriously fat buds, but not as many as oregon who was 2.5 weeks older.

4 Likes

Thats a nice frigging haul! How much total weight? N u say Oregon for the terps and buzz. Cali for the weight? :thinking: congrats on the chop tho. Those gloves better be in the freezer :joy:

2 Likes

YAbout 12 oz dry. Honestly they’re both good producers if I could choose between the two, OREGON all day because of aroma, flavor and high are all 3 on point, and both diesels produced very well, all about 3 zips per plant. But, humboldt was 2.5 weeks behind and not topped so yes it the heavier producer but had a longer flower time of 9-10 weeks, looked to be more like 10 for sure. In contrast OREGON was ready and I mean ready at day 60 of flower.

3 Likes

Thanks! Will def keep that in mind if i go diesel crazy (which is bound to happen one day)

Yeah I’m all about gassy strains. I entered into the contest with Moby Dick which is my alltime favorite strain. If you like gassy, piney high thc strains moby dick is the one, it has a smell all its own.

Ahh thanks for the recommendation! Heard of it a couple times never had a smoke report. Will keep in the catalog. My grow off seeds need to hurry the hell up. Ill announce the strain after the 1st :joy::joy:

Nice, I’m excited to see people doing good. I tested humboldt diesel this afternoon. It certainly has higher thc content, without a doubt. Comparison of two small bowls in equal size has me couch locked on Humboldt, but oregon diesel was more of a clear day time high. I think the THCV is present in OR Diesel.

Yup i think the timing of the chop is critical to diff cbds. I really really wish they’d drop the schedule 1 bs so they could actually research this wonderful herb

1 Like

Regarding the timing of the chop. I’m letting my critical purple continue to develop. I’m wondering how it will change the product. I’m looking forward to needing space in my tent to force me to chop it down completely. I’m tempted though… to send some to a lab and see what they find in it

2 Likes

Yeah there is a peak THC window before it begins to degrade into CBN, that is what’s currently know from the little research done throughout the world.

I would bet that different strains will have different cannaboid profiles at different times of flower maturity. Any one strain may have a unique combination or uniquely high concentration of particular cannaboids. The precise combination of cannabinoids may become a sought after product, like wine. People may buy it up and store it longterm to be enjoyed at leisure.

I’m planning (if I can ration what i have) to leave my oldest plant ripened flowers to cure for the longest and see how it compares to others over time. Now I have one cola left on my plant. Waiting to have a sign that she must to be chopped. Anything short of disease and I’ll leave her to dry out on the plant. But my basement is RH 25 and she isnt drying out. Whatev

1 Like

Dam, DET-PDX Sigh. … Getting ready to pick these babies just gets me excited! Nice job !

I know what you mean, I planted 5 new moby dick plants for the frow off competition. I’m always excited to grow again.

2 Likes