Orange hairs n no trichomes

Hairs are already turning orange and I don’t see any crystals at all yet on leaves. Think around week 3 of flower. It’s an auto flower. Sweet pure CBD. Is there something wrong or i should be doing? Idk, but I thought once hairs are all turning orange it’s close/time to harvest?

I made that same mistake. No, it doesn’t means it is done. You have a long ways to go still. Jeweler loupe is a must have item.

This raises red flags to me.

@Myfriendis410

1 Like

Give it another week: that’s when I usually start to see frost forming. N levels are right at the edge of toxicity FYI. That will contribute to small flower.

5 Likes

Also check for any male flowers on any of the others. Pistols will turn brown shortly after pollination. At 3 weeks with brown pistols that’s what I would be looking for.

1 Like

Those first "orange"hairs will get buried within those buds as they swell. Those are barely in full flower yet. Lots of growing to do yet.

2 Likes

Oh thank you. I didn’t realize some would be orange at all. Thought they stayed white till near when it’s fully flowering or near harvest

1 Like

How can you tell N is right on Edgar of toxicity? Bummer it is though. Barely gave it any Grow fertilizer b4 it started flowering

That was my first bad mistake. Pulled it because it had lots of orange hairs. The buds were like swiss cheese, all hollow and airy. Later a friend told me they will throw fresh white hairs in 3 waves and get fuller each time.

2 Likes

Can tell by the leaves. Could just as easily be lack of nutrients though. They don’t look that different. Hence why we have tickets.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Also N isn’t included in flowering boosters for a reason. Your medium may have already more than enough nitrogen. My booster is 0-37-37 iirc. Although it’s usually an even number, but has to break down somewhere to not be 0-2-2.

I’ve used cal mag with my bloom booster. Some of my plants were showing cal deficiency which is why I added it. But there is N in cal mag and you need it during flowering usually. How do you get around extra N in cal mag if u need to use it? I didn’t think the N in cal mag would be a big deal

I use the flowering nutrients with the booster as directed. It contains nitrogen, the booster does not.