Opinions please

I have a.blueberry x skunk auto that I think is just about there. Planted on the 23rd Sept and not far off by the looks of her. What do you guys think ?

2020-02-25_22-15-22-91

2020-02-25_22-15-08-19

2020-02-25_22-14-59-93

2020-02-25_22-13-29-53

2020-02-25_22-13-17-46

2020-02-25_22-12-08-57

3 Likes

Pics of the whole plant will help us help you.

3 Likes

Yep, mostly cloudy with a few amber, she’s ready. You could go another week if you like more of a couchlock buzz.

2 Likes

Personally for myself. I like what I see , That’s a long time for a Auto .That’s almost 22 weeks.

1 Like

@kellydans It took ages to get to this point but those buds are solid. I just let her do her own thing. I think the genetics were poor on all 3 seeds. 1 died. 1 turned out like a strawberry plant, grew to about 6" threw out 4 sucker type branches and started to flower with 1 cola in the middle that yielded next to nothing. The 3rd grew kinda leggy but had some nice looking colas on there so I just let her do her thing. I’m happy enough with the bud density but not impressed by the yield. As for the time it took to get to this point it just felt like an absolute age. I gave up in the end and just let her grow. Harvested the last of her tonight, be interesting to see what I get. I will keep you all posted

1 Like

You ran 2 600 watt hps in 4x8 right? Was the space full? Let me know what you have in dry weight when you harvest.

2 Likes

It’s good to hear that what you did Harvest Is fat and solid. Hopefully the weight we’ll be there. Good to hear from you. Have fun finishing up.

1 Like

She looke good. A 24hr dark period before you chop will help those Trichs a lot. Do it!!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 will do. Spot on with my setup. I have two 600 watt HPS (both bulbs are new) on 12/12 I also have three 4k led flood lights in there as well. They’re as bright as the sun. Can’t remember the brand but they’re a German manufacturer. I have 5 in flower growing in there just now with this auto growing, more out of curiosity than anything as the other 2 failed miserably. I will do a weight tonight and a dry weight when I get to the magic 62%
@GFDuke buggeration, I’ve already harvested. Each time I grow I always forget something. I need to remember the 24hr dark period :crazy_face:
@MidwestGuy the leaves had started to turn as she started to die back.
@Hellraiser that’s what I figured, just like to double check with you guys now and again. Keeps me on point :sunglasses:
@kellydans I’ve noticed a big improvement on my bud density. I’ve stuck 3 led flood lamps in my tent as well and it looks like it’s working. The harvest is the best time, gawd I hate trimming but love the harvest :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 just weighed my harvest from my oddball auto, 1.2oz. That will drop though as it dries out. Like I said the yield was poor but then again all 3 seeds were a disappointment from start to finish.

1 Like

Did you journal this grow here? If so, could you please tag me into the journal so I can look it over.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I didn’t do a journal as it was only one plant. It became a bit of an experiment in the end. I kept an eye on its nutes, light was 12/12. It had no issues other than mites which the centipedes took care of. There was a fair bit of stretch as it didn’t have a dedicated spot in my tent. It wasn’t shaded, the light was around 18" away which put it around 6" lower than my scrog which was beside it. I gave my 5 blueberry most of my attention and just watched to see how it developed. I think one of the problems was genetics as it just looked weedy its entire life. I used PK13/14 in flower with a sulphate of potash boost. But it just did what it wanted, nothing seemed to make any difference to it. PH was spot on as I’m lucky and don’t have any issues that way. My temps are always 80 down to 68. Never varies thanks to my inkbird and my humidity is between 40-50%, so I feel my setup is fairly well dialed in. With the exception of being a bit closer to the light I don’t think I could’ve done much more. What’s your thoughts?

Hard to say. Bugs will definitely cut your yields. Pk 13/14 and things like potassium sulfate aren’t complete nutrient packages, so maybe that had something to do with it. But just a guess. If it was journaled start to finish with pictures and data posted I could probably provide a lot of feedback. But without anything to go with, I would be guessing.

A 4x4 with a 600 is capable of producing 1-2 pounds in the right hands. Imo if plant size is consistent, there’s not a huge difference between a low yielding strain and high yielding strain. 10-15% maybe. But an unhealthy improperly cared for plant could potentially be a huge difference.

These plants were underfed and hermed for example, not going to get best yields that way.

1 Like

Ahh yes that was the grow before this one :heart_eyes:. They turned out alright in the end. Started off badly but got better :sunglasses:.
I should’ve been clearer with my nutes on this oddball auto. I used a Bio Nova soil type feed as my main feed (smells strongly of molasses) and used the pk and sulphate of potash as supplements. My record keeping is shocking I know, need to work on that bit :frowning:. On the plus side my yields are going in the right direction :blush:

1 Like

@dbrn32 final weight was 0.811 oz.

That’s it cured and the humidity has been at a steady 61 for two days now so it’s good to go :sunglasses:. Not the best if I’m honest but it always was weedy from the start. Smells great though.

1 Like

Ya. For reference, I could grow 9 plants in a 3x3 with 300 watt cob light that would consistently produce 10-12 ounces. If I got things dialed and had good producing plants maybe a little more.

1 Like

1.3oz per plant. Is that dry? I just wasn’t happy with the plant from the start. It’s a handy reference knowing that you can lift an oz+ per plant

1 Like

Yes, dried and cured. If I had larger plants I feel could easily get more, just wouldn’t be able to fit as many.

1 Like

That’s a properly dialled on setup. This is my 4th grow I think. Hopefully I will get to where you are as that is a proper result :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@dbrn32 you have me thinking now. Is this the light you use. My tent is 4x8 so I would need 2 possibly 3 of these?

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/hlg-300-v2-rspec

1 Like