Opinions on germinating

Just wanted to get some opinions on max soaking time. Like normal some (3) had tails just after 24hr soak time. Normally… like always it seems like, the rest have tails with in 72hrs. Im going into day 4 on the other 3 and im not showing any splitting. I have seen a couple day 4 tails. But not even trying to open going into day 4???..strain is ILGMJack Herer auto. Im a pretty serious autoflower hobbist level grower (2yrs) Only had one other ILGM seed not pop out a bunch of grows. Same conditions exist for all germinations. What kinda soak times ya other guys/gals seeing? In theory, the fact it is submerged in water should trigger the seed(any seed for that matter) to sprout so…should that lead one to believe that if left indefinitely in the water with no splitting or emerging tail ever showing that the little girl was never destined for greatness??? If the fact its soaking has any effect on the seed other then triggering it to sprout (waterlog/rot) then its not doing what it should naturally want to do, right? Opinions are what im looking for. Tag away! Thanks

I am currently germinating the pop culture mix pack along with a gorilla glue from ilgm. All of mine are photo feminized. Most of my tails started showing up around 48 hours after being placed in water. But my Gorilla Glue I tried two of them and I could not get either to sprout a tail. I I think this sort of thing just happens with seeds from time to time. I won’t get a gorilla glue in this grow but I’m hoping to get one of my last three seeds to work on my next one.
From my readings it says two weeks soaking and it will be completely saturated and die . But after a week I’ve never had anything good happen. Good luck and take care.

Thanks, i moved em to a damp paper towel just now with fresh h2o. The water clarity changed over night to a little cloudy. (I also have never seen good things when this happens) One more is showing a split this morning. Gonna put all 3 in the dirt tonight and see what comes up. Thanks for the experience @neckNflu

2 Likes

Seeds should pop in 3-4 days in water or a paper towel.

3 Likes

No problem. Good luck with your seeds. I really hope they pull through.

I dont think they are gonna make it.

I had some difficulty with some seeds that soaked for a week without opening up . I refreshed the 6.5 water and I use 2ml of hydrogen peroxide to 50 ml of water in a paper towel and the next day they popped .

3 Likes

I I soak seeds in water for 24 hours then move them to peat pellets.

The pellets are in a tray with a humidity dome.

I use a heat mat designed for seed germination placed inside the tray with the peat pellets placed on top of the mat.

I’ve had germination of seeds as fast as 18 hours using this method however most seeds germinate within 24 to 48 hours after being placed in the peat pellets.
My germination success averages 95 percent using this process with top shelf genetics.

Addendum;

I also use a two COB led light fixture with adjustable intensity turned on as soon as the first seed germinates.

3 Likes

I have never had any go this long. Sucks i have had very good luck with ILGM seeds so far. 50/50 out of 6 this go. Wtf. @Seeddog i will try that tonight. I hope it works.

1 Like

I have had 95% germination up till this point using the soak method. Had one seed last round and 3 this round all ILGM seeds

1 Like

I heartily endorse the peroxide method. I germinated some home grown Sour Diesel seeds to determine viability and a couple took 7 days. I think a harder shell husk will make germination take longer. You are inevitably going to see some variations along these lines. Another thing you can do is drag the seed along a nail file (sandpaper) lightly to thin the husk so it splits more readily.

3 Likes

If the seeds are viable, the Hydrogen Peroxide will work. I’ve had 100% success in germination since I switched to this method. No paper towel needed.

I use 50ml water to 1ml hydrogen peroxide myself. Some even use 30:1

2 Likes

Hahaha got home from work after a 16hr day…wawa, no peroxide under the sink. Hitting the store in the a.m. @Seeddog @OldSkunk @Myfriendis410 thanks for that swanky tip. I gotta get em to go or drop 3 more in the peroxide method asap so i can keep em in unison.

3 Likes

I know how you feel. I wanted to get some Gorilla Glue in and a gold leaf in with my upcoming grow but I never got a tail on them. So I think this fall they will be the two stars of the show. Too late for my upcoming one. That’s okay something else look forward to. Good luck with yours! PS I Love Your dr. Nick Riviera picture

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Seeddog @OldSkunk the three didn’t pop in the peroxide mix. Wawa…however i dropped 3 last night in the mix and this morning…3 tails. Thanks for the tip. OnE LoVe

4 Likes

Sometimes seeds just aren’t viable. I’ve had about 5 out of 150 from ILGM that weren’t. They replaced all of them. Can’t beat that @monsterblackbass.

2 Likes

So far im at 4 out of 43. ILGM has already responded and are replacing. Gotta love these guys. Customer service is on point

2 Likes

Yes they sure are! They really stand behind by what they say.

1 Like