Opinions needed! Week 7 of flowering

Hey guys. My sour hulk plant (East Coast Sour and Tangerine Haze x Bruce banner) plant is in her 7th week of flowering. She smells amazing and looks beautiful. I’ve asked before and to me she’s ready but I still see white hairs. The terrines look how they should if I wanted to harvest her. Does anyone else think she is ready or do I wait the the full 10 weeks? She has been taken off nutrients at the moment which hasn’t affected her at all. I was using FF trio with their soil but I figured since I will probably be harvesting soon it’s a good idea to just keep her with neutralized water at this time. What do you guys think?

6 Likes

I’d keep flushing for another week. Even if she is “done” now you should let her use up her stuff. Watch her close if she starts to amber up, chop her down. Depending on your desired high. @Covertgrower what do you think?

3 Likes

I’ve been watching her very close. I’d say about 70% of white hairs have diminished at this time.

2 Likes

Wait for 85% or more. They should gain some more weight by then too.

6 Likes

So another week or two? Continue with the non fertilized water?

this is a question for in the future but the sugar leaves…keep on while drying/curing or trim off before? I’m looking to make edibles with them etc but I’ve heard different things as what is the best option.

Some recommend using dechlorinated pHed water the last few weeks to flush nutrients from the plant. Some studies say this isn’t required. Your choice.

Your choice on how you trim (wet or dry) as well. This is one way:

Dry

1. Cut individual branches or hang whole plant
  2. Remove fan leaves.
  3. Dry in a ventilated dark space.
  4. Dry until a moisture meter inserted into the bud reads 10-12% and/or stems snap when bent.

Cure

1. Manicure sugar leaves from buds reserving trim if desired.
  2. Buck buds from stems.
  3. Place dried buds in jars burping as required to maintain 65% RH or use grove bags for a month +.
3 Likes

Ref article for moisture: How to Test the Moisture Content of Your Cannabis

2 Likes

That’s a good approximation of time frame. Yes, water only if that’s what you have been doing. Some
growers don’t flush.

So if you’re making edibles, I would do a rough trim after chop. The chlorophyll is undesirable flavor in edibles. The more flower you use, and less trim, the better tasting it will be.
Most growers trim off the older fan leaves. The sugar leaves can be saved, but again, growers decision based on needs. I make edibles as well, so I definitely have an understanding, and there are so many different ways to make them, and none of them are wrong.

2 Likes

A 20$ USB microscope will allow you to inspect tricombs and share them with us. That is the most definitive way to judge harvest window.

4 Likes

I have a jewelers loupe and a magnifier on my phone it’s just always good to get a second opinion

So if I could pick your brain a little more lol do you have to let the sugar leaves dry out before you use them or should you freeze them? I’ve heard of others doing that but I think that might have been for extracts. I know about putting the leaves in the oven before turning them into butter I would just hate for them to go to waste that’s why I’m looking to use more leaves than bud so if you have any suggestions I’d love to hear what you recommend.

Freeze them for bubble hash or qwet extracts yes.

For oils & butter its dry, decarb in oven then soak in oil/butter for set time at set temp, filter out (cheese cloth don’t squeeze it!)
Avacado oil with some sunflowers lectlin is your healthies opinion that still has good absorption

3 Likes

The man!

If you decarb them in the oven first, they can dry out that way, as well as decarb.
It’s best to allow them to dry for edibles.

1 Like

Dry them by storing in a mason jar?

I would leave them out to dry.

1 Like

Ive had a digital microscope for months, and just yesterday, finally found a camerafi app that works. Hoping to get some pics of those sour diesel autos of mine, that just refuse to finish.

4 Likes

Dry them on a screen in your drying tent, or lay them out on a plate and shuffle them every day. Best thing to do imo is get some bubble bags and dry ice. Freeze and Turn your trim into hash and then use it to cook with or sprinkle on your bowl.

1 Like

I use the endoscope app, works with pretty much all of them including like ones for the garage

2 Likes

First shots with it, of one of the autos trichomes?210925_135335

Not the greatest pics, and the scope is super cheesy. Cloudy?

2 Likes